system file checker ??

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by len gardener, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. len gardener

    len gardener Guest

    when i do my regular housekeeping of the computer i run <system file
    checker>.

    everytime i do so it asks me to update verification information or
    restore files along with 2 other options which are insignificant to
    this enquiry.

    1...

    MSISYS.VXD in c:\windows\system

    prev 24/01/04 1-41p current 09/02/04 2.51p
    size 11kb 11kb
    ver' 4.03 4.03

    2..

    in my recent housekeeping file checker came up with these files:

    MSVCP60.DLL in c:\windows\system

    prev 05/07/01 1-30p current 29/08/00 12-00a
    size 393kb 393kb
    ver' 6.00.8168.0 6.008972.0

    next:

    HWIYFOD.VXD in c:\windows\system

    27/12/03 4.47p 01/02/04 3.05p
    11 KB 11KB
    no version # supplied.

    i have clicked ignore for the above files while i attempt to find out
    this information so file checker will ask me about them again next
    time i use it.

    what should i do about the files? should i put my windows 98 disc in
    and restore them??

    and why does that .VXD file keep appearing everytime i do
    housekeeping?

    tia

    len
    --
    happy gardening

    http://home.dnet.aunz.com/gardnlen/

    len gardener, Feb 20, 2004

  2. len gardener

    Wizard Guest

    SFC is not a housekeeping tool it is for repairs. If your machine is
    running fine then leave them alone or you may run into trouble.

    Wizard, Feb 21, 2004

  3. len gardener

    len gardener Guest

    g'day wizard,

    that's the problem i have there are conflicts between those 3 ms
    programs and this has a variety of effects on the computer the most
    consistant being at shutdown unless we haven't been online shutdown
    doesn't occur properly, which generally means at the next boot up it
    drags through scan disc of all 3 hd's.

    len

    snipped

    len gardener, Feb 22, 2004