    get a little bubble in the bottom right hand corner which says Virtual
    Memory is very low & that some progs. will not respond, Windows is trying to
    make reparation. If anyone can help I would be most grateful. Enid
    Enid HODSON, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Enid HODSON

    paul s Guest

    Enid HODSON wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > Hope someone can help me, I have tried everywhere to locate
    > this but I just don't seem to be able to. Every so often my laptop
    > crashes & I have to hold down my start up button for 6 secs. then when it
    > comes back on a pale blue screen with Windows Explorer comes on with this
    > message
    > {one of your files need checking for consistency the file is System
    > FAT32. Volume serial no.1B28- OFF3, then when it gets to 100% of the check
    > there comes on screen a list of things that I don't get time to read as
    > it's
    > only on for a couple of seconds.} Also after I have been on for a while I
    > get a little bubble in the bottom right hand corner which says Virtual
    > Memory is very low & that some progs. will not respond, Windows is trying
    > make reparation. If anyone can help I would be most grateful. Enid

    What version of Windows? How much memory? Reduce the number of running
    apps, reduce the number of start-up programs.
    --
    Paul S
    paul s, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Enid HODSON

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Enid HODSON" <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    > Hope someone can help me, I have tried everywhere to locate
    >this but I just don't seem to be able to. Every so often my laptop crashes
    >& I have to hold down my start up button for 6 secs. then when it comes back
    >on a pale blue screen with Windows Explorer comes on with this message
    > {one of your files need checking for consistency the file is System
    >FAT32. Volume serial no.1B28- OFF3, then when it gets to 100% of the check
    >there comes on screen a list of things that I don't get time to read as it's
    >only on for a couple of seconds.} Also after I have been on for a while I
    >get a little bubble in the bottom right hand corner which says Virtual
    >Memory is very low & that some progs. will not respond, Windows is trying to
    >make reparation. If anyone can help I would be most grateful. Enid

    First of all, we need to learn why your laptop crashes and see if that
    can be fixed.

    Can you describe *crash* a bit more precisely? What exactly happens?

    Is there any sort of error message that is produced?

    Does the problem always happen when you do certain things? If so,
    what are they?

    Does it happen after the computer has been running for a certain
    length of time?

    Right-click on "My Computer" and select Manage. Expand the Event
    Viewer category and browse through each of the 3 subcategories for
    red-flagged error records whose date and time stamps correspond with
    your crashes. Double click on an error record to see the details of
    that error. Post the error record details back here if you need
    further advice or assistance with these.

    The message you are getting on the restart is normal and expected when
    Windows XP is not shut down properly. It is the exact equivalent of
    the scandisk that runs automatically in the same circumstances with
    Windows 95/98/Me.

    Your virtual memory error message could be caused by several factors.
    Open Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and look for an entry for the
    Intel Application Accelerator. If it is listed then select it and
    click on Add/Remove to uninstall it. Reboot the computer and your
    problem should be resolved.

    And if the Intel Application Accelerator was installed then you should
    go to www.intel.com and download the latest version of the Intel
    Application Accelerator and install it.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada