System errors

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rosita, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. Rosita

    Rosita Guest

    Today when i logged of my computer from guest to administrator, and
    everything had finished loading i received the following message, which
    tells me that my computer may be ready to go out on me. Following is the
    info that i copied:

    This system has recovered from a serious error

    then I click on Log errors it shows me the following:

    BCCode: 1000000a BCP1: 805A4EBB BCP2: 000000002 BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 805A4EBB OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 256_1

    and when i click on the error report i get the following:

    c:\Docume~1\chctc\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER469e.dir00\Mini112804-01.dmp
    c:\Docume~1\chctc\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER469e.dir\sysdata.xml

    It is not a brand new computer it is a refurbished dell computer. I'm
    running winxp. Any feedback would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Rosita, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Rosita

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:53:48 -0800 "Rosita"
    used 24 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >Today when i logged of my computer from guest to administrator, and
    >everything had finished loading i received the following message, which
    >tells me that my computer may be ready to go out on me. Following is the
    >info that i copied:
    >
    >This system has recovered from a serious error
    >
    >then I click on Log errors it shows me the following:
    >
    >BCCode: 1000000a BCP1: 805A4EBB BCP2: 000000002 BCP3: 00000000
    >BCP4: 805A4EBB OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 256_1
    >
    >and when i click on the error report i get the following:
    >
    >c:\Docume~1\chctc\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER469e.dir00\Mini112804-01.dmp
    >c:\Docume~1\chctc\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER469e.dir\sysdata.xml
    >

    >It is not a brand new computer it is a refurbished dell computer. I'm
    >running winxp. Any feedback would be appreciated.

    Did you recently install new hardware or software? If so, then that
    would be the place to start looking. You can also search Micro$oft's
    site for dumpexam.exe to view the memory dump "Mini112804-01.dmp"
    file.

    More than likely you have crapware installed. Try a "clean boot" to
    narrow it down. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

    --
    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Rosita

    Rosita Guest

    The only thing that has been installed is a computer game *Legion*, maybe
    it's time for a new computer.

    Thanks for your help and information.

    Rosita, Dec 1, 2004
  4. Rosita

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:31:28 -0800 "Rosita"
    used 50 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >The only thing that has been installed is a computer game *Legion*, maybe
    >it's time for a new computer.

    Well if you're going to throw it away, just send it to me instead.
    That's like buying a new car because you have a flat tire.

    G. Morgan, Dec 1, 2004
  5. Rosita

    Rosita Guest

    If i leave it as is, what do you think will happen to the computer in the
    long run?

    If the computer can go for a while longer, i might just let my brothers use
    it for games.

    Rosita, Dec 1, 2004
  6. Rosita

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:36:18 -0800 "Rosita"
    used 26 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >If i leave it as is, what do you think will happen to the computer in the
    >long run?

    You're not giving a whole lot of information about symptoms. What
    exactly is it doing undesirable?

    >If the computer can go for a while longer, i might just let my brothers use
    >it for games.

    What speed is the processor, how much RAM? Since XP is installed it
    is probably less than 4 years old, right?

    You can always format the drive and start with a clean XP install if
    all else fails.

    G. Morgan, Dec 1, 2004
  7. Rosita

    Rosita Guest

    Don't know much about the computer since it was donated to me but i did find
    the following hope it helps.

    Processor speed is 667
    Memory 128mb
    Hard drive: 20G

    Rosita, Dec 1, 2004
  8. Rosita

    Parko Guest

    "Rosita" <> wrote in message
    > Don't know much about the computer since it was donated to me but i did
    > find the following hope it helps.
    >
    > Processor speed is 667
    > Memory 128mb
    > Hard drive: 20G

    That's fine for surfing and word processing, no games though, I'd be
    inclined to beef up the RAM to 512 Mb if you want to run a modern OS like
    Win XP. Or most variants of Linux and Apple Mac.

    --
    Parko
    I must be drunk, I'm using Windows. Time to re-boot!

    Parko, Dec 1, 2004