    the disk for errors. It always returns different errors but they mostly have
    to do with a log file

    Any Ideas Steve

    Stephen Fairie, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Stephen Fairie

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Stephen Fairie" <> wrote in message
    news:lRvod.181$...
    |I have recently reloaded Windows xp pro on my pc. I had to reload a lot of
    | utilities and also some dos based games. The games worked perfectly prior
    | reloading xp However every time I try to open them the screen goes black
    and
    | the system crashes. When it reboots it goes into system file check and
    scans
    | the disk for errors. It always returns different errors but they mostly
    have
    | to do with a log file
    |
    | Any Ideas Steve

    Get specific - what games? I don't do games, but I think it may be required
    to run them in "Compatibility Mode". Find the program file that starts the
    game, and right-click on it. Check the Compatibility tab for options.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 23, 2004

  3. Stephen Fairie

    Scraggy Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "Stephen Fairie" <> wrote in message
    >> I have recently reloaded Windows xp pro on my pc. I had to reload a
    >> lot of utilities and also some dos based games. The games worked
    >> perfectly prior to reloading xp However every time I try to open
    >> them the screen goes black and the system crashes. When it reboots
    >> it goes into system file check and scans the disk for errors. It
    >> always returns different errors but they mostly have to do with a
    >> log file
    >>
    >> Any Ideas Steve
    >>

    > Get specific - what games? I don't do games, but I think it may be
    > required to run them in "Compatibility Mode". Find the program file
    > that starts the game, and right-click on it. Check the Compatibility
    > tab for options.

    Concur
    --
    The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to
    arm bears. -- Chris Addison

    Scraggy, Nov 23, 2004
  4. you have to update your vid and direct X software.
    restart and play

    CS

    Portable Splat Graphics, Mar 12, 2005