    window pops up. This is the message on it: "You are using the selective
    startup for troubleshooting your system." What is it trying to tell me? When
    I click "OK" the computer seens to run right.
    Morris, Jun 16, 2005

  2. Morris

    y Guest

    Morris wrote:
    > When I start up my computer running WinMe, a system configuration utility
    > window pops up. This is the message on it: "You are using the selective
    > startup for troubleshooting your system." What is it trying to tell me? When
    > I click "OK" the computer seens to run right.

    It means that someone has chosen selective start-up, meaning that
    certain apps. are disabled from starting up with the operating system.
    I personally use selective start up. You have two choices:

    1) enter msconfig in the run box and bring up the SCU and check 'normal
    start up', or

    2) check 'don't show this message again' next time the window appears at
    start up.

    DRG
    y, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Morris