    (Mwsvm) (absr) (winnet). Can anyone tell me what they are and if I need
    to leave them alone or can I uncheck them. If they are programs on my
    computer I could uninstall I will do that also. I am using Windows 98SE
    Dennis Blackwell, Jan 19, 2004

  2. This site might help:

    For example:

    http://www.greatis.com/regrun3ds.htm#slmss.exe

    slmss.exe

    This is IE home page hijacker.
    It changes your IE home page and redirects you to porn sites or to
    another sites.
    Recommend to remove it by RegRun Startup Optimizer.
    Simply run RegRun Start Control, launch Optimizer feature (tick icon.)
    First, Optimizer kills apps in memory, after that it removes them from
    startup.
    Also check Advanced Optimizer tabs to remove unwanted BHO and Shell
    items.
    Read more details:
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/PestInfo/f/freescratchcards.asp

    zulu@[127.0.0.1], Jan 19, 2004

  3. Dennis Blackwell

    Harrison Guest

    These are adware programs,
    Download, install, update, and run the following programs:
    Adaware - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot Search and Destroy - http://security.kolla.de/
    Spyware Blaster - http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html

    The first two find and root out spyware, adware, hijackers, and
    dialers.
    The third one will protect your system from further infection by such
    diseases.

    Download and run hijackthis from http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    and paste the results here for further review.

    Harrison, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Dennis Blackwell

    Richard Guest

    "Dennis Blackwell" <> wrote in message
    > When I go to the System Configuration - to uncheck some programs, I
    > don't know exactly what these represent, they are (Slmss) (Lefeatures)
    > (Mwsvm) (absr) (winnet). Can anyone tell me what they are and if I need
    > to leave them alone or can I uncheck them. If they are programs on my
    > computer I could uninstall I will do that also. I am using Windows 98SE

    Start from this page
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php
    It shows that Slmss, Mwsvm & absr are search hijacker related and winnet is
    CommonName Toolbar spyware. The site leads you to removal instructions.
    I don't see Lefeatures there or on Google. Check spelling.
    Richard, Jan 19, 2004
  5. Dennis Blackwell

    °Mike° Guest

    Spybot Search & Destroy