    time.

    Thanks

    John
    John Stephens, Sep 17, 2003

  2. John Stephens

    Stevo Guest

    John Stephens wrote:
    > I'm in a vortex of extenuating circumstances. I have a clock problem.
    > I searched through many messages in this group. I found alot dealing
    > with the clock, but not exactly what I'm looking for.
    >
    > I can set my clock in the Bios but not in windows. When I set it in
    > windows and click on apply it changes for about 5 seconds and then
    > changes back to the time that was their previously.
    >
    > I recently had a program get loaded on my computer by mistake called
    > Percision time. I think the problem may have got started about That
    > time.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > John

    Have you uninstalled that program? Did you do so properly?

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Sep 17, 2003

  3. John Stephens

    Stevo Guest

    John A. Stephens wrote:
    > Yes, I uninstalled using Add/Remove programs in control panel.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    >> John Stephens wrote:
    >>> I'm in a vortex of extenuating circumstances. I have a clock
    >>> problem. I searched through many messages in this group. I found
    >>> alot dealing with the clock, but not exactly what I'm looking for.
    >>>
    >>> I can set my clock in the Bios but not in windows. When I set it in
    >>> windows and click on apply it changes for about 5 seconds and then
    >>> changes back to the time that was their previously.
    >>>
    >>> I recently had a program get loaded on my computer by mistake called
    >>> Percision time. I think the problem may have got started about That
    >>> time.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> John

    >> Have you uninstalled that program? Did you do so properly?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stevo
    >> (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    OK.. if you look at Task Manager (Ctl+Alt+Del), what apps are running?
    anything like Percision (is that spelling is correct?) in there?

    Also, depending on your version of Windows, Start | Run, type in msconfig
    and press enter, have a look in Startup for anything that might be
    suspicious.

    Stevo, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Yes, I uninstalled using Add/Remove programs in control panel.

    Thanks

    John A. Stephens, Sep 17, 2003
  5. John Stephens

    sqr Guest

    >I think the problem may have got started about That
    time.

    Da Ya think?

    --
    sqr
    Overseer: alt.os.windows-xp

    sqr, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Is that suppose to be a question?

    John A. Stephens, Sep 17, 2003
  7. John Stephens

    JabberSmith Guest

    "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    > John Stephens wrote:
    > > I'm in a vortex of extenuating circumstances. I have a clock problem.
    > > I searched through many messages in this group. I found alot dealing
    > > with the clock, but not exactly what I'm looking for.
    > >
    > > I can set my clock in the Bios but not in windows. When I set it in
    > > windows and click on apply it changes for about 5 seconds and then
    > > changes back to the time that was their previously.
    > >
    > > I recently had a program get loaded on my computer by mistake called
    > > Percision time. I think the problem may have got started about That
    > > time.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > John

    > Have you uninstalled that program? Did you do so properly?
    >
    > --
    > Stevo
    > (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Precision Time is probably the problem. It is spyware form Gator, that
    actively tries to prevent itself from being uninstalled.

    You migh want to conside using one of the free spyware scanners
    (http://www.lavasoft.com) to help remove it.

    Also, stop clicking "yes" on all the stuff you have popped up, not everybody
    has your best interest at heart you know....
    JabberSmith, Sep 17, 2003
  8. Apps running are explorer, Direcway, Printer and Outlook Express.

    I've been to msconfig and their is nothing suspicious. I don't let much run.

    John A. Stephens, Sep 17, 2003
  9. I don't click yes on anything. I must have hit the wrong thing when I was
    closing out windows that were open. I simply got up in the morning and it
    was loaded. I probably hit something by accident.

    I'll check that web sight and see if that helps.

    Thanks,

    John A. Stephens, Sep 17, 2003
  10. John Stephens

    Stevo Guest

    John A. Stephens wrote:
    > Apps running are explorer, Direcway, Printer and Outlook Express.
    >
    > I've been to msconfig and their is nothing suspicious. I don't let
    > much run.

    There doesn't seem anything untoward there.. is Direcway the satellite
    internet service? or something else?

    In Task Manager click on each of the Processes tab and browse through that
    list too...

    As has been suggested by others, it wouldn't hurt to run Adaware etc to
    check for malware, trojans etc..

    Stevo, Sep 17, 2003
  11. Nothing in task manager. Direcway is satellite internet. after sleeping on
    it, I've come to the conclusion that the file that windows uses to write to
    the Bios has been modified, removed or corrupted. now if I can find out what
    file that is I can replace it.

    Thanks.

    John A. Stephens, Sep 17, 2003