    allow my system to

    Please, some one give me some ideas where I'm not looking or what I'm
    missing...

    Soul Bandit, Aug 14, 2007

  2. Soul Bandit

    miki Guest

    "Soul Bandit" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a problem with my main system, the system clock is running an
    > hour behind and if I try and manually adjust the time, it will reset
    > to it's previous time and remain an hour behind. I have tried to sync
    > it with Atomic Clock or the time servers and it will not sync with any
    > of the time servers, and I can not figure why.
    >
    > I am running Windows Firewall and have it setup (as far as I know) to
    > allow my system to
    >
    > Please, some one give me some ideas where I'm not looking or what I'm
    > missing...

    Are you set to the correct TIME ZONE and are you set to
    DAYLIGHT SAVING ? miki.

    miki, Aug 14, 2007

  3. Soul Bandit

    Soul Bandit Guest

    On Aug 13, 10:58 pm, "miki" <> wrote:
    > "Soul Bandit" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> I have a problem with my main system, the system clock is running an
    > > hour behind and if I try and manually adjust the time, it will reset
    > > to it's previous time and remain an hour behind. I have tried to sync
    > > it with Atomic Clock or the time servers and it will not sync with any
    > > of the time servers, and I can not figure why.

    > > I am running Windows Firewall and have it setup (as far as I know) to
    > > allow my system to

    > > Please, some one give me some ideas where I'm not looking or what I'm
    > > missing...

    > Are you set to the correct TIME ZONE and are you set to
    > DAYLIGHT SAVING ? miki.

    Yes, they are both set to current Daylight savings time, (the check
    box is selected) and we are in Austin Tx which is Central. Even if I
    try ahd set it to an earlier time zone to confuse it to and hour later
    time, it will reset back to the correct time zone and remail an hour
    behind. What is controlling the time , is it the bios chip? Or is it
    something to do with the CMOS being a bit weak allowing the CMOS to
    run a bit slower?

    Soul Bandit, Aug 14, 2007
  4. Soul Bandit

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <>, Soul
    Bandit <> scribeth thus
    >On Aug 13, 10:58 pm, "miki" <> wrote:
    >> "Soul Bandit" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:...> I have a

    >problem with my main system, the system clock is running an
    >> > hour behind and if I try and manually adjust the time, it will reset
    >> > to it's previous time and remain an hour behind. I have tried to sync
    >> > it with Atomic Clock or the time servers and it will not sync with any
    >> > of the time servers, and I can not figure why.

    >> > I am running Windows Firewall and have it setup (as far as I know) to
    >> > allow my system to

    >> > Please, some one give me some ideas where I'm not looking or what I'm
    >> > missing...

    >> Are you set to the correct TIME ZONE and are you set to
    >> DAYLIGHT SAVING ? miki.

    >Yes, they are both set to current Daylight savings time, (the check
    >box is selected) and we are in Austin Tx which is Central. Even if I
    >try ahd set it to an earlier time zone to confuse it to and hour later
    >time, it will reset back to the correct time zone and remail an hour
    >behind. What is controlling the time , is it the bios chip? Or is it
    >something to do with the CMOS being a bit weak allowing the CMOS to
    >run a bit slower?

    Might be worthwhile just changing the battery.. could be doing odd
    things they don't last for ever!..
    --
    Tony Sayer

    tony sayer, Aug 14, 2007
  5. Soul Bandit

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 14, 11:24 am, Soul Bandit <> wrote:
    > On Aug 13, 10:58 pm, "miki" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "Soul Bandit" <> wrote in message

    > >news:...> I have a problem with my main system, the system clock is running an
    > > > hour behind and if I try and manually adjust the time, it will reset
    > > > to it's previous time and remain an hour behind. I have tried to sync
    > > > it with Atomic Clock or the time servers and it will not sync with any
    > > > of the time servers, and I can not figure why.

    > > > I am running Windows Firewall and have it setup (as far as I know) to
    > > > allow my system to

    > > > Please, some one give me some ideas where I'm not looking or what I'm
    > > > missing...

    > > Are you set to the correct TIME ZONE and are you set to
    > > DAYLIGHT SAVING ? miki.

    > Yes, they are both set to current Daylight savings time, (the check
    > box is selected) and we are in Austin Tx which is Central. Even if I
    > try ahd set it to an earlier time zone to confuse it to and hour later
    > time, it will reset back to the correct time zone and remail an hour
    > behind. What is controlling the time , is it the bios chip? Or is it
    > something to do with the CMOS being a bit weak allowing the CMOS to
    > run a bit slower?

    New CMOS battery.

    sandy58, Aug 14, 2007
  6. Soul Bandit

    Paul Guest

    sandy58 wrote:
    > On Aug 14, 11:24 am, Soul Bandit <> wrote:
    >> On Aug 13, 10:58 pm, "miki" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Soul Bandit" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...> I have a problem with my main system, the system clock is running an
    >>> Are you set to the correct TIME ZONE and are you set to
    >>> DAYLIGHT SAVING ? miki.

    >> Yes, they are both set to current Daylight savings time, (the check
    >> box is selected) and we are in Austin Tx which is Central. Even if I
    >> try ahd set it to an earlier time zone to confuse it to and hour later
    >> time, it will reset back to the correct time zone and remail an hour
    >> behind. What is controlling the time , is it the bios chip? Or is it
    >> something to do with the CMOS being a bit weak allowing the CMOS to
    >> run a bit slower?

    > New CMOS battery.

    When the time is off by hours, and the error is always the same amount,
    it is a Time Zone problem. Example here:

    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r17988423-XP-Pro-Windows-XP-Time-Server

    Why would a weak CMOS battery only affect the hours, only have an error
    of one hour. That implies it chooses to lose a "carry" only once.
    If the hardware missed one pulse, then why not miss two or three or "n"
    pulses ?

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 14, 2007
  7. Soul Bandit

    - Bobb - Guest

    > On Aug 13, 10:58 pm, "miki" <> wrote:
    >> "Soul Bandit" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:...> I have a
    >> problem with my main system, the system clock is running an
    >> > hour behind and if I try and manually adjust the time, it will reset
    >> > to it's previous time and remain an hour behind. I have tried to sync
    >> > it with Atomic Clock or the time servers and it will not sync with
    >> > any
    >> > of the time servers, and I can not figure why.

    >> > I am running Windows Firewall and have it setup (as far as I know) to
    >> > allow my system to

    >> > Please, some one give me some ideas where I'm not looking or what
    >> > I'm
    >> > missing...

    >> Are you set to the correct TIME ZONE and are you set to
    >> DAYLIGHT SAVING ? miki.

    > Yes, they are both set to current Daylight savings time, (the check
    > box is selected) and we are in Austin Tx which is Central. Even if I
    > try ahd set it to an earlier time zone to confuse it to and hour later
    > time, it will reset back to the correct time zone and remail an hour
    > behind. What is controlling the time , is it the bios chip? Or is it
    > something to do with the CMOS being a bit weak allowing the CMOS to
    > run a bit slower?

    I had issue a few months ago while using msft time clock. I tried the
    alternative (time.nist.gov) and has issues. I modified the choices by
    doubleclicking the time then on Internet time server name tab ,
    deleting/typing over it and made my time server " time-a.nist.gov " and
    checked "automatically check" and after that connection, my time clock has
    been fine since. My issue was around the time that they were going to
    change daylight savings time day/date this year. Others reported that
    problem also ( search thru here in archives). I think that the connection
    to a DIFFERENT ( non-std) windows server cleared/set SOME bit in registry
    to trigger a reset and since then no issue here.

    So, change your time server name to " time-a.nist.gov " and good luck.

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Aug 25, 2007
  8. Soul Bandit

    tony sayer Guest

    In article <>, - Bobb -
    <bobb@noemail.123> scribeth thus

    >"Soul Bandit" <> wrote in message
    >> On Aug 13, 10:58 pm, "miki" <> wrote:
    >>> "Soul Bandit" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> news:...> I have a
    >>> problem with my main system, the system clock is running an

    >>> Are you set to the correct TIME ZONE and are you set to
    >>> DAYLIGHT SAVING ? miki.

    >> Yes, they are both set to current Daylight savings time, (the check
    >> box is selected) and we are in Austin Tx which is Central. Even if I
    >> try ahd set it to an earlier time zone to confuse it to and hour later
    >> time, it will reset back to the correct time zone and remail an hour
    >> behind. What is controlling the time , is it the bios chip? Or is it
    >> something to do with the CMOS being a bit weak allowing the CMOS to
    >> run a bit slower?
    >>

    >I had issue a few months ago while using msft time clock. I tried the
    >alternative (time.nist.gov) and has issues. I modified the choices by
    >doubleclicking the time then on Internet time server name tab ,
    >deleting/typing over it and made my time server " time-a.nist.gov " and
    >checked "automatically check" and after that connection, my time clock has
    >been fine since. My issue was around the time that they were going to
    >change daylight savings time day/date this year. Others reported that
    >problem also ( search thru here in archives). I think that the connection
    >to a DIFFERENT ( non-std) windows server cleared/set SOME bit in registry
    >to trigger a reset and since then no issue here.
    >
    >So, change your time server name to " time-a.nist.gov " and good luck.
    >
    >Bobb

    Atomic.exe is a useful freeware programme for clock setting. Works
    fine:)

    http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?1000000034325

    with a choice of time servers..
    --