    Can you tell me how to get around this?

    Athlon 1600
    256 ram

    zebraloc, Feb 28, 2004

  2. zebraloc

    TehGhodTrole Guest

    zebraloc wrote:
    > I recently installed windows XP pro and cannot install
    > Office 2000. I get a message while installing Office, "system cannot
    > read from specified device."
    >
    > Can you tell me how to get around this?

    Get a new CD.

    --
    TehGhodTrole: Trolling, for God's sake.
    Your Free Insult: Jesus loves you.

    TehGhodTrole, Feb 28, 2004

  3. zebraloc

    Harrison Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 01:11:52 -0500, zebraloc <> wrote:

    >I recently installed windows XP pro and cannot install
    >Office 2000. I get a message while installing Office, "system cannot
    >read from specified device."
    >
    >Can you tell me how to get around this?
    >
    >Athlon 1600
    >256 ram

    Try copying the contents of the cd to the hard drive and running setup from there.
    If the copying fails, then your cd is scratched or otherwise damaged, or your drive is going bad.

    Harrison, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Hi zebraloc,

    If CD have some cratches on it, it can quite be easely repair.

    Following website have an excellent tool that remove those cratches and it
    is avalible
    at a low cost.
    http://www.skipdoctor.com

    Regards
    Phil

    Phillip Normand, Feb 28, 2004
  5. zebraloc

    zebraloc Guest

    Until I do (get a new CD,) I reinstalled Office 97.
    Thanks.

    zebraloc, Feb 28, 2004
  6. zebraloc

    zebraloc Guest

    The copying failed, si I reinstalled '97 till I can upgrade.
    Thanks.

    zebraloc, Feb 28, 2004
  7. zebraloc

    Paul - xxx Guest

    zebraloc posted ...

    > I recently installed windows XP pro and cannot install
    > Office 2000. I get a message while installing Office, "system cannot
    > read from specified device."
    >
    > Can you tell me how to get around this?
    >
    > Athlon 1600
    > 256 ram

    Is this a 'real' Office 2000 cd or a copy ?

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Feb 28, 2004