    going on - do any of you?

    Thanks

    PS. My MB is an Epox Nforce2 EP-8RDA/EP-8RDA+

    David Sadtwat, Jan 9, 2004

  2. David Sadtwat

    ICee Guest

    David Sadtwat wrote:
    > I have a 2600 AMD chip on a board than can go up to 2800. There is
    > plenty of cooling within the system. Anyway, when I set the FSB to
    > 166 so that the chip can be read at its correct value of 2600, the
    > system becomes very unstable. So, I reduce it to 133 (2000) and it's
    > fine. I'm not sure what's going on - do any of you?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > PS. My MB is an Epox Nforce2 EP-8RDA/EP-8RDA+

    The XP2600+ runs with a 133 MHz FSB at a speed of 1900 MHz, unless you
    have a Barton core XP2600+ CPU, in which case, the speed is the same
    (1900 MHz) at 166 MHz FSB. Which do you have?

    Douglas Adams

    ICee, Jan 10, 2004

  3. David Sadtwat wrote:

    > I have a 2600 AMD chip on a board than can go up to 2800. There is plenty of
    > cooling within the system. Anyway, when I set the FSB to 166 so that the
    > chip can be read at its correct value of 2600, the system becomes very
    > unstable. So, I reduce it to 133 (2000) and it's fine. I'm not sure what's
    > going on - do any of you?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > PS. My MB is an Epox Nforce2 EP-8RDA/EP-8RDA+

    My first guess would be memory speed (Jumper?)... but that's just me.

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 10, 2004