    homepage. how do i get around this on winxppro please?

    tia

    us:)

    unknown soldier, Jul 21, 2003

  2. ahhh, don't know about the user permissions thing, how would i check that
    please?

    & yes, i've got spybot installed, i'll look into it now thanks

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Do you have SpyBot or SpywareBlaster installed?
    > They have options to disable those features.
    >

    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:42:42 +0000 (UTC), in
    > <bfhj81$mv9$>
    > unknown soldier scrawled:
    >
    > >when i go to tools > internet options in OE, i get the following message
    > >
    > >"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
    > >computer. Please contact your system administrator"
    > >
    > >i am the administrator (& have full administrator access), so how do i
    > >access internet options? i can access a limited amounts through the

    control

    unknown soldier, Jul 21, 2003

  3. unknown soldier

    °Mike° Guest

    In SpyBot, press the Immunize button and you will see the

    Lock Hosts file read-only ...
    Lock IE start page ...
    Lock IE control panel ...

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:15:28 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bfhl5f$q7m$>
    unknown soldier scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Cheers Mike,

    that's saved a few hours of fruitless frustration,

    us:)

    unknown soldier, Jul 21, 2003