    installing anything else, but I have a sinking feeling I'll get the same
    message. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks.

    , Jun 22, 2005

  2. fuctifino Guest

    i think theres 2 meanings of administrator m8.
    try going on in safe mode and then another account comes up called
    administrator.
    it is the one that is set up when xp is installed and i dojnt think its like
    what you have .

    fuctifino, Jun 22, 2005

  3. Duane Arnold Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I just tried to install Microsoft ClearType as I just hooked up a new flat
    >panel
    > monitor. I got a message saying the System Administrator has set up
    > policies
    > prohibiting me from installing the software. Problem is, I am/was the
    > System
    > Administrator. This is my computer. It's a home computer, and the only two
    > people who use it are my wife and myself. I built it and installed Windows
    > XP
    > Pro. I'm sure that when I installed Windows XP, I assigned myself as the
    > Administrator. I was able to install a ton of software when I first put
    > the
    > system together from scratch. Why would I now be prohibited? I haven't
    > tried
    > installing anything else, but I have a sinking feeling I'll get the same
    > message. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks.

    I just installed this ClearType on my XP Pro machine using a ViewSonic flat
    panel monitor. My user account has admin rights and I didn't have a
    problem. I must say the text is a lot sharper. :)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Unk Guest

    On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:54:41 -0400, wrote:

    >I just tried to install Microsoft ClearType as I just hooked up a new flat panel
    >monitor. I got a message saying the System Administrator has set up policies
    >prohibiting me from installing the software. Problem is, I am/was the System
    >Administrator. This is my computer. It's a home computer, and the only two
    >people who use it are my wife and myself. I built it and installed Windows XP
    >Pro. I'm sure that when I installed Windows XP, I assigned myself as the
    >Administrator. I was able to install a ton of software when I first put the
    >system together from scratch. Why would I now be prohibited? I haven't tried
    >installing anything else, but I have a sinking feeling I'll get the same
    >message. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks.

    The System Administrator Has Set Policies to Prevent This Installation
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q322963

    How to find the cause and bypass:
    http://www.diagramantics.com/diagenvs/visio/faq/v2kinstall.htm
    About 3/4 way down page. Look for:
    "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."

    Unk, Jun 22, 2005