    nog goed was, maar geen succes,

    kan iemand mij een raadgeven?

    marten
    Meenken, Jul 20, 2009

  2. Meenken

    Paul Guest

    Meenken wrote:
    > Mijn pc. ontvangt geen e mail meer,
    >
    > de nieuwsgroepen zijn wel goed, ontvangen en verzenden, zoals u ziet!
    >
    > er staat onderaan dat hij wel aan het downloaden is , maar de groene
    > lijn blijft op een halve centimeter staan, en dat blauwe dingetje rechts
    > boven geweegt ook niet,
    >
    > nou ben ik viaa het herstel systeem al teruggegaan naar het tijdstip dat
    > het nog goed was, maar geen succes,
    >
    > kan iemand mij een raadgeven?
    >
    > marten

    My PC. will not receive any more e-mail,

    newsgroups are good, receive and send as you can see!

    it says that it is at the bottom of the download, but the green
    line remains a half inches, and that blue thing right
    above geweegt do not

    Well, I viaa recovery system is already back to the time that
    it is good, but no success

    can someone advise me?

    *******

    Get a copy of Wireshark, and trace the packets. Check whether
    the there is any response at all from the email server.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireshark

    If you can authenticate and start an email session, yet
    the data transfer does not work, it could be a problem
    with "MTU" or Maximum Transmission Unit setting.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit

    The MTU would not be a problem, if the email server supported
    ICMP protocol. That allows the proper MTU to be discovered
    via the normal protocols. For security reasons, some email
    providers turn off ICMP, which can lead to an inability to
    handle emails with a large message body.

    ICMP protocol is also part of answering the "ping" command.
    If the email server does not return a response to a "ping"
    query, then you would suspect ICMP is disabled at the
    email server.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping

    You should contact your ISP technical support, and ask them
    if they made any recent changes to the email server configuration.

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 20, 2009

  3. Meenken

    Meenken Guest

    "Paul" <> schreef in bericht
    > Meenken wrote:
    >> Mijn pc. ontvangt geen e mail meer,
    >>
    >> de nieuwsgroepen zijn wel goed, ontvangen en verzenden, zoals u ziet!
    >>
    >> er staat onderaan dat hij wel aan het downloaden is , maar de groene lijn
    >> blijft op een halve centimeter staan, en dat blauwe dingetje rechts boven
    >> geweegt ook niet,
    >>
    >> nou ben ik viaa het herstel systeem al teruggegaan naar het tijdstip dat
    >> het nog goed was, maar geen succes,
    >>
    >> kan iemand mij een raadgeven?
    >>
    >> marten
    >>

    > My PC. will not receive any more e-mail,
    >
    > newsgroups are good, receive and send as you can see!
    >
    > it says that it is at the bottom of the download, but the green
    > line remains a half inches, and that blue thing right
    > above geweegt do not
    >
    > Well, I viaa recovery system is already back to the time that
    > it is good, but no success
    >
    > can someone advise me?
    >
    > *******
    >
    > Get a copy of Wireshark, and trace the packets. Check whether
    > the there is any response at all from the email server.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireshark
    >
    > If you can authenticate and start an email session, yet
    > the data transfer does not work, it could be a problem
    > with "MTU" or Maximum Transmission Unit setting.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit
    >
    > The MTU would not be a problem, if the email server supported
    > ICMP protocol. That allows the proper MTU to be discovered
    > via the normal protocols. For security reasons, some email
    > providers turn off ICMP, which can lead to an inability to
    > handle emails with a large message body.
    >
    > ICMP protocol is also part of answering the "ping" command.
    > If the email server does not return a response to a "ping"
    > query, then you would suspect ICMP is disabled at the
    > email server.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping
    >
    > You should contact your ISP technical support, and ask them
    > if they made any recent changes to the email server configuration.

    sorru about this,

    I thought it was a dutch news group, stupid of me,

    and geweegt,moet beweegd zijn,sorry

    but anyway thanks for the translation,
    and offcourse for the advise

    marten