    to do this or otherwise reset the SID on an x64 system?

    TIA,

    CC
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2M=?=, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Hello CC,
    Make sure the server service is running you may get this error when that
    service is not running.
    The most common reason for this error is when using the wrong version of
    Sysprep.
    But if you have the 64-bit version for the x64 CD's deploy.cab check the
    server service.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?Y2M=?= <>
    <Subject: sysprep incompatibility
    <Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 09:32:02 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <Trying to run sysprep that I got from MS.com and from the
    </support/tools/deploy.cab on my x64 install disk. Sysprep runs and gets
    as
    <far as allowing me to Select Factory or Reseal, but after hitting OK, I
    get
    <"There is an incompatibility between this tool and the current operating
    <system. Unable to continue."
    <
    <I'm trying to clone this system and need to reset the SID, anyone know how
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Aug 3, 2006

  3. Darrell:

    Thank you, that did it. I should have thought to have done that!

    CC

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2M=?=, Aug 4, 2006