    up being like 2 to 3 GBs in size. Any ideas?

    Techie
    MCNGP #21

    Techie, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Techie

    MF Guest

    "Techie" <> wrote in message
    news:WZ1Lb.52729$...
    > I am wondering if anyone here can offer some advice on using Ghost

    to create
    > images of Windows XP laptops and desktops that have been prepped

    using
    > Sysprep. What I would like to do is create "recovery CD" type CDs to

    install
    > on new PCs and Laptops to prepare them for deployment as quickly as
    > possible.
    >
    > I am using Norton Ghost Enterprise Edition Version 7.0 and have no

    problem
    > preparing a boot disk to map a shared drive to store the images but

    they end
    > up being like 2 to 3 GBs in size. Any ideas?
    >
    > Techie
    > MCNGP #21

    So what's the problem? I don't really follow... but is it the size of
    the image? Doesn't seem all that big, given that, as I recall, with
    Sysprep and an Imager, the size of the image is the size of the
    original partition. For a smaller image, use a smaller partition.
    hth
    Mike

    MF, Jan 9, 2004