    no problem.

    I am now using it with XP PRO and it reset the drive letters each time
    it is run. How do i get it to stop this?!

    Scmoozie, Aug 28, 2003

  2. circa Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:26:40 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Scmoozie ()
    said,
    > I need a little help with something that will probably be fairly easy
    > for someone out there. I have used Sysprep 1.1 with 2k many times with
    > no problem.
    >

    > I am now using it with XP PRO and it reset the drive letters each time
    > it is run. How do i get it to stop this?!

    What do you mean when you say that it is "resetting" drive letters?
    Could you provide specifics regarding partitions and devices, please.
    My guess off the top of my head would be that you created a second
    partition on the source machine after completing install and that
    your D drive was your CD while your E drive was the new partition (or
    something similar). I'd also guess that when you re-image the
    machine, the letters get reversed. However, that's all just
    speculation as you've not provided specifics. :)

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 4, 2003