    Any help is appreciated.

    regards,
    Ivana
    Ivana, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Ivana

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <ce80od$dah$>,
    says...
    > Hy everybody,
    >
    > I want to, for example, log only notice messages, but not errors. Is it
    > possible? I know that when I enable level 5, I get all syslog messages
    > below 5. So my question is can I somehow select the type of messages I want
    > to receive on syslog server?
    > Any help is appreciated.

    I don't think you can just select which categories you want (like 1,3,4)
    on cisco router.

    It should be possible to filter messages on syslog server.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Jul 28, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    Ivan Ostres <> wrote:
    >In article <ce80od$dah$>,
    >says...
    >> Hy everybody,
    >>
    >> I want to, for example, log only notice messages, but not errors. Is it
    >> possible? I know that when I enable level 5, I get all syslog messages
    >> below 5. So my question is can I somehow select the type of messages I want
    >> to receive on syslog server?
    >> Any help is appreciated.

    You can do this with the Embedded Syslog Manager feature. Whether that
    feature is supported on the platform of your choice in an IOS release
    you are willing to run is another story.

    Good luck and have fun!
    http://www.networkingunlimited.com
    Vincent C Jones, Jul 29, 2004
  4. Ivana

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <ce9mjo$pj5$>,
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > Ivan Ostres <> wrote:
    > >In article <ce80od$dah$>,
    > >says...
    > >> Hy everybody,
    > >>
    > >> I want to, for example, log only notice messages, but not errors. Is it
    > >> possible? I know that when I enable level 5, I get all syslog messages
    > >> below 5. So my question is can I somehow select the type of messages I want
    > >> to receive on syslog server?
    > >> Any help is appreciated.

    > You can do this with the Embedded Syslog Manager feature. Whether that
    > feature is supported on the platform of your choice in an IOS release
    > you are willing to run is another story.
    >
    > Good luck and have fun!

    Hm.. really nice feature. But it's only on 12.3 (mostly T train) :-(.

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Jul 29, 2004