Syslog messages going AWOL

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by RoseNeville, Oct 8, 2006.

  1. RoseNeville

    RoseNeville

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hi there ,
    Any help troubleshooting the below problem would be greatly appreciated.

    I have a remote PIX which I wish to have send syslog messages to a local host (10.4.2.22). The PIX is connected to the local network by VPN via an ASA 5510. The ASA is also configured to send syslog messages to inside host 10.4.2.22 and this works fine. The VPN tunnell between the ASA and the remote PIX also works fine with traffic from and to both networks.

    I have configured the remote PIX as follows :
    logging on
    logging trap 7
    logging host outside 10.4.2.22

    The problem is I am not seeing any syslog messages arrive at the ASA.
    Even when I ping the the ASA from the remote PIX I don't see any messages from the ASA syslog to say that the remote PIX has pinged it , but I get responses on the remote PIX from the ASA.
    (I set the ASA to trap level 7 also )

    Any ideas why the ASA is not registering messages from the remote device ?
    Any ideas how to troubleshoot ?

    Thanks
    RoseNeville, Oct 8, 2006