syslog help

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by pix help, Jan 28, 2007.

  1. pix help

    pix help Guest

    Hello,

    Hope someone can share thoughts on how best to set this up. I am
    trying to pass syslog from outside interface to server that sits
    behind pix firewall. Details as follows.

    Cisco2811
    192.168.1.1 (LAN)
    255.255.255.0
    Kiwi Syslog on UDP port 514

    Cisco Pix
    192.168.1.2 (Outside Interface)
    192.168.150.1 (Inside Interface)
    255.255.255.0

    Syslog sitting on:
    192.168.150.27
    255.255.225.0

    I setup the 2811 to pass the syslog to 192.168.1.2
    Trying to get the Pix to route all inbound UPD 514 traffic from the
    Cisco 2811 to 192.168.150.27. I would like to keep the outside Cisco
    2811 traffic visable in the syslog so I can tell between Pix, 2811,
    and VPN 2005 that is logging to..

    Does anyof this make sense? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    pix help, Jan 28, 2007