    Scott Guest

    Another question is how many of you use the sysinternals tools and has
    been a real help in your environment?
    Scott, Jun 14, 2007

  2. Scott

    lowdes Guest

    I'm the only tool in my environment.

    lowdes, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Scott

    CBIC Guest

    "lowdes" <> wrote in message
    > I'm the only tool in my environment.

    haha. Nice. Self depricating humo(u)r at its finest.
    CBIC, Jun 14, 2007
  4. Scott

    kpg Guest

    "lowdes" <> wrote in news:O5RHvasrHHA.4800
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > I'm the only tool in my environment.

    2nded
    kpg, Jun 14, 2007
  5. Scott

    Adam Leinss Guest

    Scott <> wrote in

    > Another question is how many of you use the sysinternals tools and
    > has been a real help in your environment?

    Yes. Big help. Can't live without them.

    Adam
    --
    Visit my PC Tech blog at www.leinss.com/blog
    Adam Leinss, Jun 15, 2007
  6. Scott

    Thor Guest

    "Scott" <> wrote in message
    > Another question is how many of you use the sysinternals tools and has
    > been a real help in your environment?

    Hi!

    I've used them little for administration but
    - for digging into the system (processes) to learn about Windows
    - development of communication programs
    - checking security with root kit revealer
    - sid changer for help duplicating virtual machines
    - more long time ago I can't recall

    But the information is awesome!

    - I read the blog (and have done for some time)
    - I've seen some webcast (Vista time frame security architecture)
    - I sometimes visit microsoft.public.winternals ng

    53
    Thor, Jun 15, 2007
  7. Scott

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Jun 15, 2:38 am, kpg <> wrote:
    > "lowdes" <> wrote in news:O5RHvasrHHA.4800
    > @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:
    >
    > > I'm the only tool in my environment.

    > 2nded

    3rdededed ! Brilliant, Lowdes ! That is one assertion even the Nazi
    penguins aren't going to dispute.
    Cerebrus, Jun 16, 2007
  8. Scott

    2feral Guest

    Yeah my favourite would have to be NEWSID

    You basically setup your Server in Virtual PC, then copy and paste the
    core files, do some renaming and then boot up and apply new sid, hey
    presto a massive array of servers, in only the time it takes to copy
    the files.

    Gotta love filemon to.
    2feral, Jun 27, 2007