    I've ran pestpatrol and ad aware with a couple of things found and deleted
    but this access still goes on. how can I rid my machine of this and what is
    causing this? Thanx.
    Muhher Fuhher, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Muhher Fuhher

    JabberSmith Guest

    "Muhher Fuhher" <> wrote in message
    news:tnz2b.592$...
    > My router constantly logs outgoing and incoming access to my pc on port 80
    > from ip 12.120.5.24. when I enter this into my browser as
    > http://12.120.5.24/ I get a weird website that says
    >
    > Information Alert

    > website because no host header was present that identifies which host to
    > access
    >
    > I've ran pestpatrol and ad aware with a couple of things found and deleted
    > but this access still goes on. how can I rid my machine of this and what

    is
    > causing this? Thanx.

    Download ZoneAlarm to find out what is accessing the internet on that
    address. That will tell you what program is doing it in any case.

    The Error Message not important in this case, its a web server, though the
    formatting of the message is a little amaturish.

    It's on AT&T's network, calling iteslf:

    chcil0004ics.equip.icdsatt.net

    "icdsatt.net" appears to be part of a proxy or destributed network (like
    Akami). (Seach google for the domain and you'll see it mentioned all sorts
    of places.

    Got any plugins on a browser? Like Google Bar or something? Could be
    that.... It could also be some web site you have visited.

    You should not get incoming requests through a router (unless you put your
    computer on the DMZ), so your incomming traffic is in response to an
    outbound request.
    JabberSmith, Aug 26, 2003

  3. Muhher Fuhher

    Miggsee Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/l7kt

    Miggsee, Aug 26, 2003
  4. Muhher Fuhher

    Guest

    "Muhher Fuhher" <> wrote in message news:<tnz2b.592$>...
    > My router constantly logs outgoing and incoming access to my pc on port 80
    > from ip 12.120.5.24. when I enter this into my browser as
    > http://12.120.5.24/ I get a weird website that says
    >
    > Information Alert

    > website because no host header was present that identifies which host to
    > access

    That's not that weird. Just means that that server needs to know an
    actual URL to serve you one of the websites running at that IP.

    chcil004ics.equip.icdsatt.net hmmm... somehow this suggests to me that
    it is in Chicago, Il. It certainly seems to be quite deep in their
    networks. Do you do any business with AT&T?

    > I've ran pestpatrol and ad aware with a couple of things found and deleted
    > but this access still goes on. how can I rid my machine of this and what is
    > causing this? Thanx.

    Would be interesting to know which application is doing it. Only app I
    can think of that can do that for you is zonealarm. Anyone better
    ideas?

    I also think that you may want to look for a group with more experts.
    You could try news.admin.net-abuse.email but be very polite since
    you'll be off topic there.
    Better perhaps would be alt.privacy.spyware or possibly
    comp.security.firewalls

    Good luck & please post the outcome in one of the groups.

    Jeroen
    , Aug 26, 2003
  5. wrote:
    > "Muhher Fuhher" <> wrote in message
    > I also think that you may want to look for a group with more experts.
    > You could try news.admin.net-abuse.email but be very polite since
    > you'll be off topic there.
    > Better perhaps would be alt.privacy.spyware or possibly
    > comp.security.firewalls

    "Be polite. Be very polite". Are you implying there is a Cabal? Or just
    plain old fashioned petulants/with/the/power/to/fuque/up/your/day?

    TISACSMF

    --
    longshotjohn 7

    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

    because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein
    longshotjohn7, Aug 26, 2003