SYNTAX boards... opinions??

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jess Fertudei, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. I am looking at this deal

    http://www.ateck.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=453056181

    It is for a Syntax SV266A board with an XP 2400+ for $108 US. I am
    considering using the 2400+ in my K7S5A v3.1 and putting my Duron 1.3G in
    the Syntax with some SDRAM as an upgrade to my 10 year old son's homework
    and internet machine (his current machine already has the SDRAM, and I'll be
    swapping mine for some DDR at the show this weekend).

    Seems like an inexpensive way to give both machines a boost. His gets light
    use and mine gets beat on heavily.

    Any opinions on Syntax boards in general or this one in particular for light
    duty?

    thanks!

    Jess Fertudei, Apr 23, 2004