    How can I synchronize so both sent and received mail are the same on both
    computers?

    Thanks

    R, May 8, 2008

  2. Syncing sent mail is not possible with a standard POP account.
    It can be done with an IMAP account (Gmail, AOL) or a HTTP
    account (Hotmail with WLM).

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    Gary VanderMolen, May 8, 2008

  3. R

    R Guest

    Oh I see...

    That's a pity, I would think that this is a "problem" a lot of people have.

    Thanks Gary

    R, May 8, 2008
  4. You might include your self in the cc: or bcc: field of a sent message. That
    way you would get a copy on the other PC when you download email.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    Sooner Al [MVP], May 8, 2008
  5. R

    smlunatick Guest

    On May 8, 10:41 am, "R" <> wrote:
    > Oh I see...
    >
    > That's a pity, I would think that this is a "problem" a lot of people have..
    >
    > Thanks Gary
    >
    > "Gary VanderMolen" <> wrote in message

    > > Syncing sent mail is not possible with a standard POP account.
    > > It can be done with an IMAP account (Gmail, AOL) or a HTTP
    > > account (Hotmail with WLM).

    > > --
    > > Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    > > "R" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi

    > >> I have a laptop and a desktop connected to a home network.
    > >> I have the same mail accounts on both computers.
    > >> Incoming mail is not a problem, both computers receive the same mail.
    > >> But I want my SENT mail to appear on both computers.
    > >> How can I synchronize so both sent and received mail are the same on both
    > >> computers?

    > >> Thanks- Hide quoted text -

    Yes this is a problem with the POP email protocol. This is a reason
    why IMAP is gaining popularity since the emails messages are stored on
    the server and not locally in the POP client.

    smlunatick, May 8, 2008
  6. Yes, it's a limitation of the POP protocol. That protocol is fairly
    old, and it doesn't have all the features that the newer protocols have.
    OTOH, that's also what makes it snappy.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    Gary VanderMolen, May 8, 2008
  7. R

    smlunatick Guest

    On May 8, 6:01 pm, "Gary VanderMolen" <> wrote:
    > Yes, it's a limitation of the POP protocol. That protocol is fairly
    > old, and it doesn't have all the features that the newer protocols have.
    > OTOH, that's also what makes it snappy.
    >
    > --
    > Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP
    >
    > "R" <> wrote in message

    > > Oh I see...

    > > That's a pity, I would think that this is a "problem" a lot of people
    > > have.

    > > Thanks Gary

    > > "Gary VanderMolen" <> wrote in message
    > >> Syncing sent mail is not possible with a standard POP account.
    > >> It can be done with an IMAP account (Gmail, AOL) or a HTTP
    > >> account (Hotmail with WLM).

    > >> --
    > >> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    > >> "R" <> wrote in message

    I seem to recall that some "places" are / were trying to "outlaw" POP
    mail. This was to keep a "trace" of all emails sent / received.

    smlunatick, May 9, 2008