    disimilar cameras?
    I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
    camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

    dah_dah, May 11, 2005

  2. dah_dah

    Ron Hunter Guest

    dah_dah wrote:
    > Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
    > disimilar cameras?
    > I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
    > camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

    I wouldn't think that exact synchronization would be required. Spacing
    and aiming are more important to stereo pictures.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, May 12, 2005

  3. dah_dah

    Guest

    You can get a wireless remote shutter control and use one controller to
    fire both cameras.

    You can also buy two wired remotes and wire them into a single control
    button that fires both cameras.

    , May 12, 2005
  4. dah_dah

    Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:46:41 GMT, "dah_dah" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
    >disimilar cameras?
    >I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
    >camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.

    Unless the subjects ae in motion, or you

    , May 13, 2005
  5. On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:07:33 -0500, in rec.photo.digital , Ron Hunter
    <> in <GTyge.6075$> wrote:

    >dah_dah wrote:
    >> Is there any material available on how to synchronize the shutters of two
    >> disimilar cameras?
    >> I would like to take my two cameras and try to construct a digital stereo
    >> camera, but I haven't the slightest idea of how to sync the shutters.
    >>

    >I wouldn't think that exact synchronization would be required. Spacing
    >and aiming are more important to stereo pictures.

    I never thought of this, but does having two "dissimilar" cameras
    help, hurt, or have no affect on the stereo effect? I can't determine
    it logically and I don't feel like the work to experiment. Our eyes
    are slightly different, so the different cameras could help. I
    suspect that it makes no difference since the different position would
    overwhelm the subtler differences. (Wow, three uses of "different" in
    one sentence. Ok, "ugh" would be more appropriate than "wow".)

    --
    Matt Silberstein

    Matt Silberstein, May 13, 2005