    EDWARD DOYLE Guest

    what is synchronization used for when you activate it in btinternet.com.
    And if you like you can do it to whatever newsgroup you select.

    EDWARD DOYLE, Apr 10, 2004

  2. EDWARD DOYLE

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "EDWARD DOYLE" <> wrote in message
    news:c57ojq$hv2$...
    > what is synchronization used for when you activate it in btinternet.com.
    > And if you like you can do it to whatever newsgroup you select.

    In Outlook Express, Synchronization is the same for newsgroups as it is for
    e-mail. It keeps your local computer updated to the newsgroup by downloading
    new messages automatically when you send/receive e-mail.

    Yes, it should work for whatever newsgroup you turn synchronization on for,
    just like in e-mail. I don't sync my "spam" e-mail account - just the ones I
    use. And I don't sync my "alt.humor.puns" newsgroup, but I do sync others I
    like.

    Toolman

    Toolman Tim, Apr 10, 2004

  3. EDWARD DOYLE

    Twisted Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "EDWARD DOYLE" <> wrote in message
    > > what is synchronization used for when you activate it in btinternet.com.
    > > And if you like you can do it to whatever newsgroup you select.
    > >

    > In Outlook Express, Synchronization is the same for newsgroups as it is

    for
    > e-mail. It keeps your local computer updated to the newsgroup by

    downloading
    > new messages automatically when you send/receive e-mail.
    >
    > Yes, it should work for whatever newsgroup you turn synchronization on

    for,
    > just like in e-mail. I don't sync my "spam" e-mail account - just the ones

    > use. And I don't sync my "alt.humor.puns" newsgroup, but I do sync others

    > like.
    >
    > Toolman

    Hi ToolMan,
    Would you explain ta me(in simple terms, please), what a "spam" e-mail
    account is ? Not that I get alot of SPAM, just that I'm very new ta all this
    stuff & I've never heard the term before. Thank you.

    --
    Mary...
    "Women are made ta be Loved, not understood!".. ;o)

    Twisted, Apr 10, 2004
  4. EDWARD DOYLE

    anthonyberet Guest

    Twisted wrote:
    <snip>
    > Would you explain ta me(in simple terms, please), what a "spam" e-mail
    > account is ? Not that I get alot of SPAM, just that I'm very new ta
    > all this stuff & I've never heard the term before. Thank you.

    A Spam email account is just an address which is used in situations which
    might attract spam.
    -That way the user's main account cam remain relativle free of spam.

    For example, the address you use to post to Usenet with (like this group)
    will be discovered by spammers - they search the newsgroups and the web for
    addresses they can use to send spam to.

    I am glad to see yours is not a real address. Some people use a real address
    which they dont check very often.

    If you want to get a bit clever about this, you can use a great service
    here:
    www.sneakemail.com
    With this service you can create disposable addresses which you can use, but
    then filter or delete if they start to get lots of spam. - it can be set up
    to forward the mail to to your main address, without that address getting
    spammy.

    anthonyberet, Apr 11, 2004
  5. EDWARD DOYLE

    Twisted Guest

    "anthonyberet" <> wrote in message
    > Twisted wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > Would you explain ta me(in simple terms, please), what a "spam" e-mail
    > > account is ? Not that I get alot of SPAM, just that I'm very new ta
    > > all this stuff & I've never heard the term before. Thank you.

    > A Spam email account is just an address which is used in situations which
    > might attract spam.
    > -That way the user's main account cam remain relativle free of spam.
    >
    > For example, the address you use to post to Usenet with (like this group)
    > will be discovered by spammers - they search the newsgroups and the web

    for
    > addresses they can use to send spam to.
    >
    > I am glad to see yours is not a real address. Some people use a real

    address
    > which they dont check very often.
    >
    > If you want to get a bit clever about this, you can use a great service
    > here:
    > www.sneakemail.com
    > With this service you can create disposable addresses which you can use,

    but
    > then filter or delete if they start to get lots of spam. - it can be set

    up
    > to forward the mail to to your main address, without that address getting
    > spammy.

    10Q very much, anthonyberet! ;)

    Twisted, Apr 12, 2004