Synchronising PC & iPAQ Wirelessly

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Andrew Mawby, Feb 18, 2007.

  1. Andrew Mawby

    Andrew Mawby Guest

    Hi!

    I have a Netgear DG834GT ADSL Modem Router that is connected to my Windows
    XP PC by an ethernet cable and I can access the internet just fine.

    I also have an iPAQ HP4150 running Pocket PC 2003, and it too, connects to
    the internet through the Netgear DG834GT, without difficulty using a
    wireless network.

    I've installed a Netgear WG111 Wireless USB Adapter into the PC, and it
    picks up the network.

    I can see both the PC and the iPAQ in the Netgear DG834GT administration
    files.

    Trouble is the iPAQ won't speak to the PC and I can't synchronise the two.
    I'm clearly overlooking something but what? I've checked Firewalls and WEP.

    Any help very much appreciated.

    Andrew

    Andrew Mawby, Feb 18, 2007

  2. Andrew Mawby

    David Hettel Guest

    What version of ActiveSync are you running? Have you created a partnership
    between the HP4150 and the PC?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Feb 18, 2007

  3. Andrew Mawby

    Andrew Mawby Guest

    Hi!

    Yes, if I dock the iPAQ in its cradle it syncs fine. So the partnership is
    ok.

    ActiveSync version 4.2

    I wondered if it is something of a network problem?

    Andrew

    Andrew Mawby, Feb 18, 2007
  4. Andrew Mawby

    Steve Guest

    > Hi!
    >
    > Yes, if I dock the iPAQ in its cradle it syncs fine. So the partnership is
    > ok.
    >
    > ActiveSync version 4.2
    >
    > I wondered if it is something of a network problem?
    >
    > Andrew
    >
    > "David Hettel" <> wrote in message
    >> What version of ActiveSync are you running? Have you created a
    >> partnership between the HP4150 and the PC?
    >>
    >> --
    >> David Hettel
    >>
    >> Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group for
    >> everyone
    >> to see. I'm sorry, but I don't answer questions addressed directly to me
    >> in
    >> E-mail or news groups.

    >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> DISCLAIMER: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranty of any
    >> kind,
    >> either expressed or implied, made in relation to the accuracy,
    >> reliability
    >> or content of this post. The author shall not be liable for any direct,
    >> indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of,
    >> or
    >> inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post and
    >> confers
    >> no rights.
    >>

    >> "Andrew Mawby" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> I have a Netgear DG834GT ADSL Modem Router that is connected to my
    >>> Windows XP PC by an ethernet cable and I can access the internet just
    >>> fine.
    >>>
    >>> I also have an iPAQ HP4150 running Pocket PC 2003, and it too, connects
    >>> to the internet through the Netgear DG834GT, without difficulty using a
    >>> wireless network.
    >>>
    >>> I've installed a Netgear WG111 Wireless USB Adapter into the PC, and it
    >>> picks up the network.
    >>>
    >>> I can see both the PC and the iPAQ in the Netgear DG834GT administration
    >>> files.
    >>>
    >>> Trouble is the iPAQ won't speak to the PC and I can't synchronise the
    >>> two. I'm clearly overlooking something but what? I've checked Firewalls
    >>> and WEP.
    >>>
    >>> Any help very much appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Andrew

    Not sure 4.2 will allow WIFI ActiveSync seem to rember them taking this out
    for security reasons 3.8 dose for sure in ActiveSync look in File
    Connection Setting and see if Allow Network Ethernet Connection is there if
    so tick the box

    Steve

    Steve, Feb 18, 2007
  5. Andrew Mawby

    Andrew Mawby Guest

    Ah, there is not option to Allow Ethernet; just USB, Bluetooth, Infrared,
    Coms 1 & 2.

    Thanks Steve.

    Andrew Mawby, Feb 18, 2007
  6. Andrew Mawby

    Steve Guest

    Steve, Feb 18, 2007
  7. Andrew Mawby

    David Hettel Guest

    Sorry ActiveSync above 4.x does not support network connections to a local
    PC, you can't sync over the local network to your desktop

    David Hettel, Feb 18, 2007