    using the lastest Synaptics driver, and am wondering if there is some
    setting in about:config I need to change, or something that needs to be
    added to user.js.

    Shiranui Gen-An, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Shiranui Gen-An

    MyHelfy Guest

    This probably won't be any consolation, but you're not alone -- the
    same thing's happened to my Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Pavillion
    ze4500. Everything else appears to work just fine -- including the
    shortcuts I've set in the corners of the pad. Just no scrolling, since
    I downloaded the latest version of the driver.

    If you haven't installed any new drivers on top of it (which I
    unfortunately did), and you're using XP, you can try to roll back to
    the older driver version through Control Panel > System > Hardware >
    Device Manager. You should find the touchpad under "mice and other
    pointing devices"; open that and head over to the Driver tab, and see
    if you can get back to where you'd been before the "upgrade."

    If anyone out there knows how to fix it for someone who can't turn back
    the driver clock, I'd be very appreciative. So far unable to get a
    response from the Synaptics support-ish folks.

    Shiranui Gen-An wrote:
    > I'm finding that the Synaptics Touchpad on my Dell Inspiron 4150

    won't
    > scroll (either vertically or horizontally) in Firefox 1.0. I am

    indeed

    MyHelfy, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Shiranui Gen-An

    Moz Champion Guest

    Shiranui Gen-An wrote:

    > I'm finding that the Synaptics Touchpad on my Dell Inspiron 4150 won't
    > scroll (either vertically or horizontally) in Firefox 1.0. I am indeed
    > using the lastest Synaptics driver, and am wondering if there is some
    > setting in about:config I need to change, or something that needs to be
    > added to user.js.

    Try turning autoscroll Off, to see it that has any impact.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Shiranui Gen-An

    prof752

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Fix for Synaptics scrolling in Firefox, Opera.... browsers

    Just download the new drivers (get the generic one) from Synaptics.
    Then after installation you will be prompted to reboot, and then everything will work.
    For Win XP the new driver version is 8.3.4

    Drivers for all the different operating systems are here:

    http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm

    Best

    ~prof

    prof752, Aug 10, 2006