Synaptics touch pad problems

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mad-Biker, Aug 14, 2007.

  1. Mad-Biker

    Mad-Biker Guest

    My wife recently gave me her old Acer Travel mate 2200, its about a year and
    a half old. it has a built in touch pad, which is ment to be a synaptics
    touch pad.

    however it doesn't work under windows.

    I reinstalled the software still no go,
    I reinstalled windows and it worked fine during the set-up stage.
    however back into windows and it doesn't work, loaded the oem drivers from
    acer as well as the latest from synaptics website.

    it does however work for about 10 seconds during start up. this tells me its
    not a hardware problem?

    the system states its working fine, with out any problems, having a laptop
    that you have to use a mouse on just isn't portable for me.

    any ideas?

    Mad
    Mad-Biker, Aug 14, 2007

  2. Mad-Biker