    does it matter that in oulook it asks for a POP3 address and my sympatico is
    POPHM ???

    any help is greatly appreciated.

    Daniel Minuth, Jan 10, 2005

  2. Daniel Minuth

    Brian Guest

    "Daniel Minuth" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hiya folks,
    > here's my problem. Just got highspeed and am loving it BUT...
    > whenever i try to access my e-mail address either through my IE browser or
    > outlook it does not work.
    >
    > does it matter that in oulook it asks for a POP3 address and my sympatico

    is
    > POPHM ???
    >
    > any help is greatly appreciated.

    snippet from:
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,12185135~mode=flat
    /
    "I have been provided with the following information:

    Sympatico settings are
    pophm.sympatico.ca
    smtphm.sympatico.ca

    SSL needs to be checked both incomming and outgoing with port of 25 for pop
    and 995 for smtp also requires authentication for outgoing mail....thats the
    settings for OE that work"
    \

    also: port 995 could be blocked if you are accessing the net via a NAT
    router. you will have to forward port 995 to your pc. read the router
    documentation to find out how to do that

    Brian, Jan 10, 2005

  3. Daniel Minuth

    > Hiya folks,
    > here's my problem. Just got highspeed and am loving it BUT...
    > whenever i try to access my e-mail address either through my IE browser or
    > outlook it does not work.
    >
    > does it matter that in oulook it asks for a POP3 address and my sympatico

    is
    > POPHM ???
    >
    > any help is greatly appreciated.

    you may also want to take a peak here:

    http://service.sympatico.ca/index.cfm?method=categories.view&category_id=56

    Brian, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Daniel Minuth

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Contact the tech support persons at sympatico. They should be 24/7. I have
    never heard of POPHM, so I can't say. I also use their high speed, and my
    e-mail is POP3.

    PuppyKatt, Jan 12, 2005