    growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    Martin Knight, May 12, 2010

  2. Martin Knight wrote:
    > Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    > growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    > of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    > can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    Probably would have helped if I mentioned that I have Windows 7 Ultimate
    and Symantec Antivirus v12

    Martin Knight, May 12, 2010

  3. Martin Knight

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:41:24 -0700, Martin Knight wrote:

    > Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    > growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    > of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    > can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    You'll need to format that hard drive, immediately.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as the woodpecker approached his hot-air balloon.

    Dan C, May 12, 2010
  4. Dan C wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:41:24 -0700, Martin Knight wrote:
    >
    >> Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    >> growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    >> of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    >> can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    > You'll need to format that hard drive, immediately.

    Seems that's all you know how to do.

    Martin Knight, May 12, 2010
  5. Martin Knight

    Art Guest

    Martin Knight wrote:
    > Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    > growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    > of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    > can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    Symantec IS a virus. Uninstall that crap and use a decent AV. I'd
    suggest Kaspersky.

    --
    Art

    Art, May 12, 2010
  6. Martin Knight

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:41:24 -0700, Martin Knight wrote:

    > Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    > growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    > of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    > can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    uninstall the damn thing.
    take a look at www.comodo.com

    --
    I learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone, so you got to please
    yourself.

    richard, May 12, 2010
  7. Martin Knight

    Max Wachtel Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 20:43:38 -0400, Martin Knight
    <> wrote:

    > Martin Knight wrote:
    >> Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    >> growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    >> of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    >> can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    > Probably would have helped if I mentioned that I have Windows 7 Ultimate
    > and Symantec Antivirus v12

    "2000 virus" detections-been running win7 for a few weeks now huh?
    <shakes head>

    Google the following:
    delete quarantine symantec antivirus 12 (120,000 results) I'm sure you'll
    find your answer within the first 3 pages.

    After your done fooling around for hours, google for "disk imaging
    software" and learn how to restore your system from a "known clean image".
    I use Acronis.
    --
    This post was created using Opera@USB: http://www.opera-usb.com
    Virus Removal Instructions

    Max Wachtel, May 12, 2010
  8. Martin Knight

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 18:19:23 -0700, Martin Knight wrote:

    > Dan C wrote:
    >> On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:41:24 -0700, Martin Knight wrote:
    >>
    >>> Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    >>> growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    >>> of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    >>> can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    >> You'll need to format that hard drive, immediately.
    >>

    > Seems that's all you know how to do.

    You think?

    I don't have any viruses on *my* computers. None.

    Dan C, May 12, 2010
  9. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 May 2010 18:24:14 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> uninstall the damn thing.
    >> take a look at www.comodo.com

    > Geez, you're becoming like the Dan C. parrot.

    Poster: My ass itches.
    Dan C: Format your hard drive
    RtS: Install comodo

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, May 12, 2010
  10. Martin Knight

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:05:21 -0400, thund3rstruck wrote:

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Tue, 11 May 2010 18:24:14 -0700, richard <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> uninstall the damn thing.
    >>> take a look at www.comodo.com

    >> Geez, you're becoming like the Dan C. parrot.

    > Poster: My ass itches.
    > Dan C: Format your hard drive
    > RtS: Install comodo
    >

    > n0i

    Over the past 12 years or so, one of the first things I do with a machine
    is to uninstall norton, symantec, or what ever AV is installed on the
    machine. Comodo is free and the best rated free AV there is. So why pay out
    the ass for bloatware?

    richard, May 12, 2010
  11. Martin Knight

    Dan C Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:34:02 -0400, The Big Ticket wrote:

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On 12 May 2010 02:35:52 GMT, Dan C <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> You think?
    >>>
    >>> I don't have any viruses on *my* computers. None.

    >> You should format your hard drive anyway.

    > LOL! That's a good laugh telling him to format his drive anyway, which
    > is his thing to say to posters!

    Yeah, that sure was funny as hell, eh?

    Fucking lamer.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he inhaled.

    Dan C, May 12, 2010
  12. Martin Knight

    Dex Guest

    richard wrote:

    > Comodo is free and the best rated free AV there is.

    Cite?

    Dex, May 12, 2010
  13. Martin Knight

    joevan Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Dan C wrote:
    >> On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:41:24 -0700, Martin Knight wrote:
    >>
    >>> Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    >>> growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    >>> of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    >>> can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    >> You'll need to format that hard drive, immediately.
    >>

    >Seems that's all you know how to do.

    I don't think he even knows how to do that. Just type nonsense here is
    about his skill level.

    joevan, May 12, 2010
  14. Martin Knight

    joevan Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    >growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    >of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    >can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    Try an online AV scanner to start with. I used Kaspersky one time to
    aid my brother who's machine at the time was a real mess. Couldn't
    even load a virus scanner on that machine until it was cleaned up of
    over 300 viruses.
    I now use bitdefender and it is better than kaspersky in many ways.
    One the cost is great and 2 it is thorough.

    joevan, May 12, 2010
  15. Martin Knight

    BS Guest

    On 05/11/2010 09:19 PM, Martin Knight wrote:
    > Dan C wrote:
    >> On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:41:24 -0700, Martin Knight wrote:
    >>
    >>> Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    >>> growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    >>> of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    >>> can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    >> You'll need to format that hard drive, immediately.
    >>

    > Seems that's all you know how to do.

    His true purpose seems to be to divert attention away from anyone ever
    getting their questions answered. Children do that sometimes.

    Try using the Norton AntiVirus interface to delete the files. It's been
    a long time since I used Norton products but the files you mentioned are
    probably in a compressed format inside another file kind of like an
    inbox for Outlook Express. If you cannot open the interface in normal
    mode, you can try it in safe mode. If needed, uninstall NAV and then
    re-install the product. It will ask you during the process if you wish
    for quarantined files to remain or be deleted.

    BS, May 12, 2010
  16. Martin Knight

    Parko Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2010 17:41:24 -0700, Martin Knight wrote:

    > . How do I blow them all away since I can't even find that folder even
    > if I show all hidden files.

    Laaaaaahhhk this
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/097/9/6/Blown_Away_by_Step666.png

    --
    Where's the cursor?
    Where's the eraser?

    Parko, May 12, 2010
  17. Martin Knight

    YourName Guest

    Art <> wrote in news:hqnGn.5203$:

    > Martin Knight wrote:
    >> Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    >> growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    >> of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    >> can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    > Symantec IS a virus. Uninstall that crap and use a decent AV. I'd
    > suggest Kaspersky.

    I agree. Norton is junk. So is McAfee. I use AviraAntivir Free.

    http://www.free-av.de/en/trialpay_download/1/avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html

    or

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/c85sdr

    I had to restore my HP from the hidden partition, because my disks did not work. The first
    thing I did was to uninstall Norton Internet Security. It took it 10 minutes to uninstall & I
    then had to manually delete many entries from the registry. All in all, it took me almost an
    hour to really remove Norton/Symantec. This processor is a 2.93 GHz with 1G of
    memory. Not slow by any means, but after I removed Norton, the thing sprouted wings &
    flew.

    Just beware of Norton/Symantec.
    ;)

    YourName, May 12, 2010
  18. Martin Knight

    Rick Guest

    Martin Knight wrote:
    > Symantec reports that I have about 2000 virus (all *.tmp files)and
    > growing in C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SRTSP\Quarantine. Now it using 110%
    > of my CPU trying to analysis them. How do I blow them all away since I
    > can't even find that folder even if I show all hidden files.

    First delete all files in the Quarantine - preferably by using Symanec
    itself.

    Second, You need a better email AV and protection: at least use the Free
    MS called MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials).

    Third, start|run| Cd \
    and delete *.tmp /s
    I also delete *.log /s

    Rick, May 12, 2010
  19. YourName wrote:

    > I had to restore my HP from the hidden partition, because my disks did
    > not work. The first thing I did was to uninstall Norton Internet
    > Security. It took it 10 minutes to uninstall & I then had to
    > manually delete many entries from the registry. All in all, it took
    > me almost an hour to really remove Norton/Symantec. This processor
    > is a 2.93 GHz with 1G of memory. Not slow by any means, but after I
    > removed Norton, the thing sprouted wings & flew.

    You probably could have saved the time by using Norton's own removal
    tool. See:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

    There is one by and for McAfee as well.
    http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

    > Just beware of Norton/Symantec.

    Wise choice.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 12, 2010
  20. Rick wrote:

    > Second, You need a better email AV and protection: at least use the
    > Free MS called MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials).

    Popular question: would you trust an anti-virus application from the
    company who wrote the operating system that needs it? <g>

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 12, 2010