    is there any software that can get it off my computer and out of my
    registry?
    Thanks mark

    mark, Jan 17, 2004

  2. mark

    zaqona Guest

    "mark" <> wrote in message
    news:yIcOb.36882$-kc.rr.com...
    > please help i am trying to uninstall norton system works 2002 pro and i

    can
    > not get it off my computer i have tryed the method on the symantec web

    site
    > is there any software that can get it off my computer and out of my
    > registry?
    > Thanks mark
    >
    > Reload your system. This will get it out, lol :)

    It does it good to have it done, every so often, any way.

    zaqona, Jan 17, 2004

  3. mark

    °Mike° Guest

    How to use the Norton SystemWorks cleanup utility (SYMClean)
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2001101612274407

    "SYMClean is designed to remove leftover NSW files and registry
    entries that may be interfering with the NSW installation."

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:41:18 GMT, in
    <yIcOb.36882$-kc.rr.com>
    mark scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 17, 2004
  4. mark

    LO&MsLO Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:02:47 -0000, "zaqona" <>
    wrote:

    >"mark" <> wrote in message
    >> please help i am trying to uninstall norton system works 2002 pro and i

    >can
    >> not get it off my computer i have tryed the method on the symantec web

    >site
    >> is there any software that can get it off my computer and out of my
    >> registry?
    >> Thanks mark
    >>
    >> Reload your system. This will get it out, lol :)

    >It does it good to have it done, every so often, any way.

    If you look back I'm having the exact same problem. The SysClean was
    useless for my problem. I followed all manual uninstall instructions
    for NSW AND Norton's Utilities along with 14+ years Windows experience
    plaing in .INI files and registries and there is still at least one
    file in there that won't let loose.

    John

    John

    LO&MsLO, Jan 17, 2004
  5. mark

    JR Guest

    Re: symantec NSW confusion

    I have a similar problem. I installed nsw 2004 over nsw03 (user guide
    says this will work), but it doesn't. Solution? Symclean.But, Symantec
    says symclean is not designed to remove nsw/nav 2003, so they suggest
    using Rnav2003. but, guess what?, that page says Rnav will not remove
    nav if it was installed as part of nsw. So use symclean, but symclean
    cannot ..... Get the picture? Help! Thanks.

    JR, Feb 5, 2004