    update for GHOST or am I out of luck?

    TIA,

    Bill
    =?Utf-8?B?YmlsbA==?=, Feb 12, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YmlsbA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    There is nothing about x64 that prevents you from booting to a floppy disk.
    I do it as necessary to update my BIOS
    If you are trying to run Ghost which has been installed on a hard drive,
    Ghost won't install and run on x64. Have you tried booting to your Ghost
    2003 CD?

    John Barnes, Feb 12, 2006

  3. >>
    There is nothing about x64 that prevents you from booting to a floppy disk.

    But I though if the floppy was DOS ("A>") then x64 does not support that
    technology.

    Have you tried booting to your Ghost 2003 CD?

    No, I haven't. I'll try that.

    Thanks,

    Barkingdog

    =?Utf-8?B?YmlsbA==?=, Feb 13, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YmlsbA==?=

    Rob Stow Guest

    bill wrote:
    > There is nothing about x64 that prevents you from booting to a floppy disk.
    >
    > But I though if the floppy was DOS ("A>") then x64 does not support that
    > technology.

    AMD64 processors (and Intel's cheap "EMT64" knockoffs) can be
    thought of as ordinary 32 bit processors with extensions that let
    them /also/ function as 64 bit processors.

    As such, they can run all of the OSes that you can run on the
    older 32 bit processors - specifically including MS-DOS, PC-DOS,
    and DR-DOS.

    Rob Stow, Feb 13, 2006