    3. A different utility to do the same function while allowing you to mark
    certain items protected so they don't get deleted.

    Thanks!

    Ron P, Apr 21, 2005

  2. Ron P

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ron P wrote:

    > Currently, my PC uses Norton Systemworks express clean up, a utility in
    > systemworks pro 2005, to clean internet cache, files and cookies. The thing
    > I like about this is that you can mark cookies as protected so they are not
    > deleted (i.e. Custom portals such as my yahoo). Is there something that I
    > can use to
    >
    > 1. Change the temporary file location and cookie storage location so it
    > mirrors IE

    Not really. Cookies are stored in different forms by IE and FF. In IE
    cookies are individual text files on disk, usually at C:\Documents and
    Settings\[username]\Cookies. FF stores all cookies in one text file,
    cookies.txt, in your FF profile.

    > 2. Change how the Norton utility works so it works with firefox

    Not that I know of.

    > 3. A different utility to do the same function while allowing you to mark
    > certain items protected so they don't get deleted.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Well, since NSW isn't cleaning your Firefox cookies there's no need to
    protect them. However, you should back up your entire profile regularly
    so you can restore important things like cookies, bookmarks, passwords,
    forms, etc. in the event of a problem.
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_profile.html

    What you should look at is taking advantage of Firefox's cookie
    management in Tools - Options - Privacy - Cookies. Set it to ask you
    for permission every time and your system won't pick up a bunch of
    cookies you need to delete.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Apr 21, 2005

  3. Ron P

    Splibbilla Guest

    Ed Mullen <> in news::

    > What you should look at is taking advantage of Firefox's cookie
    > management in Tools - Options - Privacy - Cookies. Set it to ask you
    > for permission every time and your system won't pick up a bunch of
    > cookies you need to delete.

    prefbar xpi has various CLear" buttons in standard install.

    also ff has cookie lists edits in optoins, privacy tab

    --
    All Gecko/1.7.7: 2005041417
    1 WinXP + Ff 1.0.3 + GoogleBar(XPI-rimental), Sage, PrefBar, Tabbrowser Preferences, CopyURL, IEView,

    Splibbilla, Apr 24, 2005