Symantec definitions 4 April 2006

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. "Stuart Miller" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > I had a quick look at the Linux website and, as far as I understand,
    > > Linux
    > > can do approximately
    > > 95% of what Windows can do. I suppose that a good solution might be to

    go
    > > on
    > > working with
    > > Windows XP on one computer and switch from Windows 98 into Linux on the
    > > other, because Microsoft does not support Windows 98 any longer.
    > > But the PC where I use Windows 98 does not have a large harddisk. It can
    > > only contain about
    > > 4 GB, I think.
    > > Is that enough?

    > I would not bother to keep win98 active if you have xp running. So far I
    > have found only a handful of applications which run in win98 and not in

    xp.

    Internet Neighborhood 4.5 is a software which does not work in xp, that´s
    the main reason why I need another FTP software.
    Besides, SCP SFTP might be a safer protocol.
    But I do not know, yet if I can use it. I do not know whether my webhost
    offers this possibility.

    > 4 gigs is light for linux, but will do if you only do a workstation

    install,
    > no servers, games or development.
    > I would look for a 20 to 40 gig used drive, or use all the space, and
    > eliminate win98.
    >
    > > Besides, how would I send my posts here, by using Linux?

    > I have chosen to keep the e-mail and newsgroups on the xp machine, but I

    can
    > do both from linux using kmail and knode. There are many other mail and

    news
    > clients available.
    >
    > Drop in on the mandriva newsgroup and we can continue the discussion

    there.

    > Stuart

    Where is the mandriva newsgroup?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boende-i-italien.php

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 10, 2006

  2. "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in message

    >> I would not bother to keep win98 active if you have xp running. So far I
    >> have found only a handful of applications which run in win98 and not in

    > xp.
    >
    > Internet Neighborhood 4.5 is a software which does not work in xp, that´s
    > the main reason why I need another FTP software.

    I have already posted the solution to that.

    > Besides, SCP SFTP might be a safer protocol.
    > But I do not know, yet if I can use it. I do not know whether my webhost
    > offers this possibility.

    FTP security is primarily a server concern. Fnd out what you ISP or the ftp
    host has to say about it.

    > Where is the mandriva newsgroup?

    I have already posted that in this thread

    Please take a litt more time to look at the earlier posts on this thread
    before you ask the same questions again.
    We can offer help and support, but I will not do your work for you.

    Stuart

    Stuart Miller, Oct 11, 2006