    sight. It can not get definitions updates from and AV server and has to run
    live update.

    Craig

    Craig Farrell, Aug 8, 2005

  2. Craig Farrell

    wewa Guest

    dude,

    i have a dell and had the same.
    i went with avast 64 for now and been fine since febuary.
    i suggest you do the same and wait for trend micro 64 bit or similar and
    stay away from symantec and mcafee...

    wewa, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Or go with Computer Associates E-Trust.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2005
  4. A problem we have is our school has a license agreement with Symantec. The
    Corp. Edition works well when it is working. To upgrade console you must
    uninstall it all and then install new. Pushing out client updates often
    require reboots and leave workstation unprotected until it is rebooted.
    Uninstalling the client can be a real pain if you need to do so manually. A
    lot of issues in general that seem to never get cleaned up from one version
    to the next.

    Craig

    Craig Farrell, Aug 9, 2005