    reinstalled it twice now. I have updates but this one will not go.
    Anyone know how I an fix this without having to uninstall norton again.
    , Feb 14, 2006

  2. why? Guest

    On 14 Feb 2006 05:57:39 -0800, hubcapconner wrote:

    >Maybe someone can help here, I recently had to do a complete install of
    >windowsxp, when I installed norton 2003 and ready for the updates I get

    Norton AntiVirus 2003? They have several products, many of which are
    discontinued.

    http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_ap/techsupp/nav/discontinued.html
    Norton AntiVirus 2003

    * Knowledge Base
    * Files and Updates (none available)
    * Manuals and Documentation (none available)

    >an error symantec common client can't update 1 update. I went to the

    That's the entire message?

    You wouldn't be considering updating to something newer like the
    2005/2006 product?

    Having updated definition files is of no use the the software is too old
    to know about newer threats.

    >responce center and read al the help files and uninstalled norton and
    >reinstalled it twice now. I have updates but this one will not go.
    >Anyone know how I an fix this without having to uninstall norton again.

    Uninstall Norton and use something else instead.

    Me
    why?, Feb 14, 2006