Symantec Client Security

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Edmond Lo, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Edmond Lo

    Edmond Lo Guest

    Hi there,

    Just wondering if anyone has experience with Sysmantec Client Security
    please? I was just wondering if you can actually "push" virus definition
    down to client workstations from the server please? I came across Norton
    Antivirus Coporate Edition and it can be done, and when I read the Symantec
    info, my understanding was that you can, but my salesperson said you can and
    workstations still need to configured to do liveupdate from the server.

    Can anyone clarify that please?

    thanks,

    Edmond.

    --
    ***********************
    Edmond Lo
    Edmond Lo, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Edmond Lo

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Edmond Lo" <> provided this moment of wisdom....

    >Hi there,
    >
    >Just wondering if anyone has experience with Sysmantec Client Security
    >please? I was just wondering if you can actually "push" virus definition
    >down to client workstations from the server please? I came across Norton
    >Antivirus Coporate Edition and it can be done, and when I read the Symantec
    >info, my understanding was that you can, but my salesperson said you can and
    >workstations still need to configured to do liveupdate from the server.
    >
    >Can anyone clarify that please?
    >
    >thanks,
    >
    >Edmond.

    Yes, you can push the defs from your (inhouse) server to the clients.
    If configured correctly on the server - no config is required on the
    clients.

    Ryan Jacobs, Feb 11, 2005

  3. On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:16:10 +1300, "Edmond Lo" <>
    wrote:

    >Just wondering if anyone has experience with Sysmantec Client Security
    >please? I was just wondering if you can actually "push" virus definition
    >down to client workstations from the server please?

    When Symantec Client Security is installed on the workstation, part of
    the setup process locates a Symantec AntiVirus Server (Setup asks if
    it is managed by a server, say Yes). Once the client is shown where
    that is, every time the Server does a LiveUpdate the clients are
    pushed an update.

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand
    Kristofer Clayton, Feb 11, 2005
  4. Edmond Lo

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Kristofer Clayton" <> wrote in

    > When Symantec Client Security is installed on the workstation, part of
    > the setup process locates a Symantec AntiVirus Server (Setup asks if
    > it is managed by a server, say Yes). Once the client is shown where
    > that is, every time the Server does a LiveUpdate the clients are
    > pushed an update.

    And the server admin gets to decide the settings for the clients, and which
    settings the client can change. It is a great tool.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Feb 12, 2005
  5. Edmond Lo