    you are suffering through these headaches your salvation might be to
    uninstall Symantec Antivirus.

    , Jul 12, 2007

  2. Re: Symantec Antivirus (SAV Corp) breaks networks in at least XPPRO

    wrote:
    > RPC errors, profile corruption, network shares unreachable, and
    > sudden
    > low resources are all symptoms of the Intel video chipset being
    > corrupted by SAV
    >
    > I have seen at least 8 machines ranging from Dell to Clone with Intel
    > video cards having complete breakdowns when SAV is installed on the
    > machine, this is an advisory to all computer users out there that if
    > you are suffering through these headaches your salvation might be to
    > uninstall Symantec Antivirus.

    Thanks. It's almost as if you've been reading this group for years.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 12, 2007

  3. Mara Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:09:31 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> RPC errors, profile corruption, network shares unreachable, and
    >> sudden
    >> low resources are all symptoms of the Intel video chipset being
    >> corrupted by SAV
    >>
    >> I have seen at least 8 machines ranging from Dell to Clone with Intel
    >> video cards having complete breakdowns when SAV is installed on the
    >> machine, this is an advisory to all computer users out there that if
    >> you are suffering through these headaches your salvation might be to
    >> uninstall Symantec Antivirus.

    >Thanks. It's almost as if you've been reading this group for years.

    My irony meter just exploded.

    --
    There's nothing in life so difficult that a Microsoft manual can't make it
    completely incomprehensible. -- Douglas Adams

    Mara, Jul 12, 2007
  4. Re: Symantec Antivirus (SAV Corp) breaks networks in at least XPPRO

    Mara wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:09:31 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>RPC errors, profile corruption, network shares unreachable, and
    >>>sudden
    >>>low resources are all symptoms of the Intel video chipset being
    >>>corrupted by SAV
    >>>
    >>>I have seen at least 8 machines ranging from Dell to Clone with Intel
    >>>video cards having complete breakdowns when SAV is installed on the
    >>>machine, this is an advisory to all computer users out there that if
    >>>you are suffering through these headaches your salvation might be to
    >>>uninstall Symantec Antivirus.

    >>Thanks. It's almost as if you've been reading this group for years.

    > My irony meter just exploded.

    I'm thinking of going to Hedonism II instead of Key West. If you got
    that hospital cleaned up, we could leave at any time.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 12, 2007
  5. Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > RPC errors, profile corruption, network shares unreachable, and
    > sudden
    > low resources are all symptoms of the Intel video chipset being
    > corrupted by SAV
    >
    > I have seen at least 8 machines ranging from Dell to Clone with Intel
    > video cards having complete breakdowns when SAV is installed on the
    > machine, this is an advisory to all computer users out there that if
    > you are suffering through these headaches your salvation might be to
    > uninstall Symantec Antivirus.

    LOL - you've got other issues than "Symantec" as we have Symantec AV
    Corporate Edition on 2500+ systems and servers without a single problem.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.futurehardware.in/595578-2.htm all
    exposed to children (the link I've include does not directly display his
    filth). You can find the same information by googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and
    'exposed to kids'.

    Leythos, Jul 12, 2007
  6. Re: Symantec Antivirus (SAV Corp) breaks networks in at least XPPRO

    Leythos wrote:

    > LOL - you've got other issues than "Symantec" as we have Symantec AV
    > Corporate Edition on 2500+ systems and servers without a single problem.

    That is a far cry different from what this poster is talking about. Try
    to keep up. It's Symantec's "personal" AV and is a disaster to the
    average computer.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 12, 2007
  7. Mara Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:01:52 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:

    >>>Thanks. It's almost as if you've been reading this group for years.

    >> My irony meter just exploded.
    >>

    >I'm thinking of going to Hedonism II instead of Key West. If you got
    >that hospital cleaned up, we could leave at any time.

    Two years, they said. All that's left of the hospital is two basements full of
    debris. The tornado pulled off the garage door on the Maintenance building right
    up next to it, but left the rest of the building and contents intact.

    Across the street, there was an American flag wrapped around the upper branch of
    a tree. The house that was there is totally gone, except for the fireplace
    chimney.

    They took us on a trailer tour of the part of town south of the highway that
    cuts through it. They didn't take us to the north side, so after we got done
    working I went up there myself.

    I took over 200 pictures there of what's left of the town. After two months of
    hard work, it looks like they've barely begun. Even seeing pictures can't
    compare with being there oneself and seeing the total obliteration.

    Mara, Jul 12, 2007
  8. Susan Bugher Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> RPC errors, profile corruption, network shares unreachable, and
    >> sudden
    >> low resources are all symptoms of the Intel video chipset being
    >> corrupted by SAV
    >>
    >> I have seen at least 8 machines ranging from Dell to Clone with Intel
    >> video cards having complete breakdowns when SAV is installed on the
    >> machine, this is an advisory to all computer users out there that if
    >> you are suffering through these headaches your salvation might be to
    >> uninstall Symantec Antivirus.

    > Thanks. It's almost as if you've been reading this group for years.

    maybe not. . .

    He didn't mention that finding salvation is not easy. . . ;)

    Some of Symantec's "removing the tentacles of the monster" tools are
    listed here:
    http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_SYSTEMUTILITIES.php#4.01UninstallTool

    Susan

    Susan Bugher, Jul 12, 2007