    Is it possible that my older Nav 2003 could detect this... ?

    Thanks
    , Jan 24, 2007

  2. Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Hi all, I have upgraded to Symantec Corporate 10.1.4 and to my dismay
    > received an e-mail in outlook express with a "postcard.exe" attachment.
    > The Antivirus didn't give any warning when the email was received and
    > even when scanning the attachment exe manually (right click) it says
    > the file is clean, and only when I scanned it with www.virustotal.com
    > it deteced (most of its antiviruses did anyway) that it some
    > Win32:Warezov-AQJ variant.
    >
    > Is it worth tossing this Symantec product for? I of course have it
    > liveupdated daily.
    > Is it possible that my older Nav 2003 could detect this... ?

    Strange, every system that we use as a test system, since our firewalls
    block EXE files, detects those emails as virus emails - in fact, the
    systems using Symantec engines (SMSE) detect them at the gateway.

    Did you check to ensure that you have email scanning enabled?

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,