    have this file that it can't quarantine, can't delete, and can't
    otherwise do anything with.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Steve Freides

    DaveG Guest

    "Steve Freides" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What's a fella to do? I got this nice, new, AV software and it says

    > have this file that it can't quarantine, can't delete, and can't
    > otherwise do anything with.

    If you are using windows XP try turning off System Restore,delete
    file,turn SR back on.

    HTH!

    ATB-DG.

    DaveG, Sep 28, 2003

  3. No dice - turned of System Restore, can't get rid of it through Symantec
    AV, Explorer, or a CMD box.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 28, 2003
  4. Steve Freides

    Bad Dog Guest

    Bad Dog, Sep 28, 2003
  5. Found a solution - hit F5 and F8 while starting, picked Safe Mode with
    Command Prompt, was able to delete the file from there, restarted, file
    seems to be gone.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 28, 2003
  6. Also found it in the pre-fetch directory, was able to delete that copy
    while running normally.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 28, 2003