    *****General Guest

    What exactly does "Stop all active responses" mean and shouldn't it be
    stopping then anyway?

    *****General, Oct 19, 2004

  2. *****General

    samuel Guest

    http://forums.sygate.com/vb/

    samuel, Oct 20, 2004

  3. *****General

    Machine Guest

    when someone scans your pc active response kicks in and blocks that ip for
    making any port scans so if you press stop all active response it will just
    un block them.

    It is only a port scan remember and the reason you have sygate is to close
    them ports but if you have a certain ip that is always scanning you then
    active response can sometimes get rid of them.

    I have sygate pro and this ip was always scanning me so I set the active
    response to block them for 3 days, never had any scans from them since and
    hardly have any port scans from anyone.

    Machine, Oct 20, 2004
  4. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "Machine" <> wrote in message
    > when someone scans your pc active response kicks in and blocks that ip for
    > making any port scans so if you press stop all active response it will

    just
    > un block them.
    >
    > It is only a port scan remember and the reason you have sygate is to close
    > them ports but if you have a certain ip that is always scanning you then
    > active response can sometimes get rid of them.
    >
    > I have sygate pro and this ip was always scanning me so I set the active
    > response to block them for 3 days, never had any scans from them since and
    > hardly have any port scans from anyone.

    I always assumed that I had to select "Stop All Active Responses" to stop
    people from scanning my ports, now I know better. A lot more helpful than
    providing me a link to a forum. Thankx

    *****General, Oct 20, 2004