    that is. Anyone have any idea? If it's spyware of some kind, I ran
    AdAware and nothing turned up. Thanks for any help.
    , Jan 11, 2004

  2. °Mike° Guest

    First of all, deny *all* outside access to Windows Explorer - it doesn't
    need it.

    Install HijackThis and post the full contents of your log here.
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:22:43 -0500, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Barry Walsh Guest

    wrote:
    > I just went into Windows Exporer to delete some files. I highlited the
    > files to delete, clicked the delete icon and the following message came
    > up:
    >
    > Sygate Personal Firewall
    > Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) is trying to connect to crl.verisign.com
    > [12.158.80.10] using remote port 80 (http - World Wide Web) Do you want
    > to allow this program to access the network?
    >
    > Not wanting my computer connecting to ANYTHING just so I could delete a
    > file, I click on "no". The system then hangs for a minute or so, then
    > the file is deleted. If I turn off Sygate, I can just delete the file,
    > no problem. I tried it once to see what happened. I imagine when I did
    > that, Explorer connected to this crl.verisign.com, whatever the hell
    > that is. Anyone have any idea? If it's spyware of some kind, I ran
    > AdAware and nothing turned up. Thanks for any help.

    It's Verisign's certificate revocation list. Some of the certs expired
    on Jan 7th or so hence it's now trying to connect to check the certs
    validity. There are articles on the various news sites, such as
    Barry Walsh, Jan 11, 2004