    corrupted, as no other Windows installer does this, only
    the one for the Sygate Pro upgrade. Has anyone else who uses
    Sygate Pro had this problem when trying to upgrade?
    Jeffrey Morse, Jul 1, 2004

  2. On 30 Jun 2004 17:26:40 -0700, (Jeffrey
    Morse) wrote:

    >I got a notice from Sygate Pro's update check module when
    >I booted up my PC this afternoon, and went to their site
    >to download it. The file is a Windows installer, pspf.msi,
    >as opposed to an exe like in previous versions. Upon
    >clicking on it, it started the process, but shortly after
    >the first setup screen appeared, I got a stop error with
    >the following message in the System event log:
    >
    >The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
    >0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump
    >was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini063004-01.dmp.
    >
    >Thinking that perhaps there was a problem with the download
    >in Mozilla, I tried it again in IE, and got the same error
    >and reboot. I also lost the list of all my applications in
    >Sygate Pro the first time the error occurred, but not the
    >second time.
    >
    >I suspect that the installer for the latest version is
    >corrupted, as no other Windows installer does this, only
    >the one for the Sygate Pro upgrade. Has anyone else who uses
    >Sygate Pro had this problem when trying to upgrade?

    Worked ok for me.
    --
    Clarke
    Clarke Ekkles, Jul 2, 2004

  3. Jeffrey Morse

    Peter Guest

    Morse) wrote:

    >I got a notice from Sygate Pro's update check module when
    >I booted up my PC this afternoon, and went to their site
    >to download it. The file is a Windows installer, pspf.msi,
    >as opposed to an exe like in previous versions. Upon
    >clicking on it, it started the process, but shortly after
    >the first setup screen appeared, I got a stop error with
    >the following message in the System event log:
    >
    >The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
    >0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump
    >was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini063004-01.dmp.
    >
    >Thinking that perhaps there was a problem with the download
    >in Mozilla, I tried it again in IE, and got the same error
    >and reboot. I also lost the list of all my applications in
    >Sygate Pro the first time the error occurred, but not the
    >second time.
    >
    >I suspect that the installer for the latest version is
    >corrupted, as no other Windows installer does this, only
    >the one for the Sygate Pro upgrade. Has anyone else who uses
    >Sygate Pro had this problem when trying to upgrade?

    Following on my "Coincidence" posting. I have just upgraded to V5.5
    Build 2577 without any apparent hitch. If all stays stable for an
    hour or so I will mutter apologies to Sygate for doubting the
    reliability of the current upgrade file!

    Peter
    Peter, Jul 2, 2004