    never had problems connecting before, even when the firewall was
    active.....

    tia
    Marcel, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Marcel

    Marcel Guest

    "Marcel" <> wrote
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I configure Sygate Personal Firewall so I have access to my FTP? I
    > never had problems connecting before, even when the firewall was
    > active.....

    some additional info; I use Win XP Pro and when I want to open my FTP site
    (homepage) in IE I get this error message;

    200 Type set to A
    200 Port set command succesful
    425 Can't build data connection, operation timed out

    When I disable the firewall there's no problem. It's just that I dont want
    to be unprotected while uploading larger files....
    Marcel, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Marcel

    Brian Guest

    http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/i/k/ikpe/ << sygate help site
    Brian, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Marcel

    Marcel Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote

    > "Marcel" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > How can I configure Sygate Personal Firewall so I have access to my FTP?

    > > never had problems connecting before, even when the firewall was
    > > active.....
    > >
    > > tia
    > >

    > http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/i/k/ikpe/ << sygate help site

    yeah thnx but that doesnt help me much, what application besides IE is
    trying to connect to my FTP? I cant figure it out....
    Marcel, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Marcel

    Marcel Guest

    > "Brian" <> wrote
    >
    > > "Marcel" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > How can I configure Sygate Personal Firewall so I have access to my

    FTP?
    > > > never had problems connecting before, even when the firewall was
    > > > active.....
    > > >
    > > > tia
    > > >

    > > http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/i/k/ikpe/ << sygate help site
    > >

    > yeah thnx but that doesnt help me much, what application besides IE is
    > trying to connect to my FTP? I cant figure it out....

    ok, so I created an advanced rule, allowing FTP traffic (ports 20/21) and
    still it doesnt work... but never mind, think I will try reinstall Sygate,
    never had this shit before so somewhere along the way I must have f****d
    up.....
    Marcel, Jun 16, 2004
  6. Marcel

    Marcel Guest

    "Marcel" <> wrote

    > > "Brian" <> wrote
    > >
    > > > "Marcel" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > FTP?

    > > > http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/i/k/ikpe/ << sygate help site
    > > >

    > > yeah thnx but that doesnt help me much, what application besides IE is
    > > trying to connect to my FTP? I cant figure it out....
    > >

    > ok, so I created an advanced rule, allowing FTP traffic (ports 20/21) and
    > still it doesnt work... but never mind, think I will try reinstall Sygate,
    > never had this shit before so somewhere along the way I must have f****d
    > up.....

    that didnt work either, wtf is this.... HELP!
    Marcel, Jun 16, 2004
  7. Marcel

    > "Marcel" <> wrote
    >
    > > > "Brian" <> wrote

    my
    > > FTP?

    > > > yeah thnx but that doesnt help me much, what application besides IE is
    > > > trying to connect to my FTP? I cant figure it out....
    > > >

    > > ok, so I created an advanced rule, allowing FTP traffic (ports 20/21)

    and
    > > still it doesnt work... but never mind, think I will try reinstall

    Sygate,
    > > never had this shit before so somewhere along the way I must have f****d
    > > up.....

    > that didnt work either, wtf is this.... HELP!

    maybe its an ie issue.. tried using an ftp client? that will at least let u
    know if its an ie issue or not
    Brian, Jun 16, 2004
  8. Marcel

    > "Marcel" <> wrote
    >
    > > > "Brian" <> wrote

    my
    > > FTP?

    > > > yeah thnx but that doesnt help me much, what application besides IE is
    > > > trying to connect to my FTP? I cant figure it out....
    > > >

    > > ok, so I created an advanced rule, allowing FTP traffic (ports 20/21)

    and
    > > still it doesnt work... but never mind, think I will try reinstall

    Sygate,
    > > never had this shit before so somewhere along the way I must have f****d
    > > up.....

    > that didnt work either, wtf is this.... HELP!

    or is your ftp site having probs? maybe its not at your end... try
    connecting to other ftp sites
    Brian, Jun 16, 2004
  9. Marcel

    Marcel Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote

    > "Marcel" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > >
    > > "Marcel" <> wrote

    > my
    > > > FTP?

    was

    is

    > > > ok, so I created an advanced rule, allowing FTP traffic (ports 20/21)

    > and
    > > > still it doesnt work... but never mind, think I will try reinstall

    > Sygate,
    > > > never had this shit before so somewhere along the way I must have

    f****d
    > > > up.....

    > > that didnt work either, wtf is this.... HELP!
    > >

    > or is your ftp site having probs? maybe its not at your end... try
    > connecting to other ftp sites

    nope, its not the ftp site, like I said; when I disable Sygate there's no
    problem . I just tried Core FTP Lite client; got error message 'Can't
    establish connection....' To me this is clearly a Sygate issue...
    Marcel, Jun 16, 2004
  10. Marcel

    > "Brian" <> wrote
    > >
    > > "Marcel" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > >
    > > > "Marcel" <> wrote

    > > my

    > was

    IE
    > is

    20/21)
    > > and

    > > Sygate,

    > f****d
    > > >
    > > > that didnt work either, wtf is this.... HELP!
    > > >

    > > or is your ftp site having probs? maybe its not at your end... try
    > > connecting to other ftp sites

    > nope, its not the ftp site, like I said; when I disable Sygate there's no
    > problem . I just tried Core FTP Lite client; got error message 'Can't
    > establish connection....' To me this is clearly a Sygate issue...

    jo forgot that... looks like its sygate.... when you deinstall make sure it
    leaves nothing behind like config files registry keys and so forth,,, try
    again
    Brian, Jun 16, 2004
  11. Marcel

    Marcel Guest

    "> > "Brian" <> wrote

    > > nope, its not the ftp site, like I said; when I disable Sygate there's

    no
    > > problem . I just tried Core FTP Lite client; got error message 'Can't
    > > establish connection....' To me this is clearly a Sygate issue...
    > >

    > jo forgot that... looks like its sygate.... when you deinstall make sure

    it
    > leaves nothing behind like config files registry keys and so forth,,, try
    > again

    did that, I uninstalled, ran regcleaner,then reinstalled... nothing seems to
    work...
    Marcel, Jun 16, 2004
  12. Marcel

    Marcel Guest

    "Marcel" <> wrote
    > "> > "Brian" <> wrote
    > > > >
    > > > nope, its not the ftp site, like I said; when I disable Sygate there's

    > no
    > > > problem . I just tried Core FTP Lite client; got error message 'Can't
    > > > establish connection....' To me this is clearly a Sygate issue...
    > > >

    > > jo forgot that... looks like its sygate.... when you deinstall make sure

    > it
    > > leaves nothing behind like config files registry keys and so forth,,,

    try
    > > again
    > >

    > did that, I uninstalled, ran regcleaner,then reinstalled... nothing seems

    > work...

    In Sygate log it says all incoming traffic has been blocked when I try
    connect to the FTP. I once again set up an advanced rule, allowing ALL
    traffic from all protocols to ports 20 and 21 (FTP ports) but still I have
    no access... this is driving me crazy, been using Sygate for a long time
    now, and always had access to all of my FTP sites, and now all of a sudden
    it's blocked all the way.....I have no blocked apps running btw, so in
    Sygate application screen all apps are checked 'allow' or 'ask'....
    Marcel, Jun 16, 2004
  13. Marcel

    Steve Kay Guest

    "Marcel" <> wrote in message

    > "Marcel" <> wrote
    >> "> > "Brian" <> wrote

    >> no
    >> > >

    >> > jo forgot that... looks like its sygate.... when you deinstall make
    >> > sure

    >> it
    >> > leaves nothing behind like config files registry keys and so forth,,,

    > try
    >> > again
    >> >

    >> did that, I uninstalled, ran regcleaner,then reinstalled... nothing seems

    >> work...

    > In Sygate log it says all incoming traffic has been blocked when I try
    > connect to the FTP. I once again set up an advanced rule, allowing ALL
    > traffic from all protocols to ports 20 and 21 (FTP ports) but still I have
    > no access... this is driving me crazy, been using Sygate for a long time
    > now, and always had access to all of my FTP sites, and now all of a sudden
    > it's blocked all the way.....I have no blocked apps running btw, so in
    > Sygate application screen all apps are checked 'allow' or 'ask'....

    Are you using XP?
    Steve Kay, Jun 16, 2004