    general experience and this book be sufficient? I want to
    knock this certification on the head ASAP and then work
    towards MCSA!

    tokyodrifter, Oct 25, 2004

  2. tokyodrifter

    Guest Guest

    Ahem, I meant Server 2003 of course! :-/

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

  3. tokyodrifter

    SJ Guest

    All the certifictations have an expectation of experience, not just
    book knowledge.

    So, will just reading the book and doing the practice tests be enough
    to pass the tests? Generally no. When the book talks about doing
    something - for example with Internet Explorer or Outlook Express,
    instead of just conceptualizing it you need to do it. Try out remote
    assistance. In the process things go wrong, you fix them, and you
    solidify the knowledge.

    Will your past programming knowledge help? Some. But not as much as
    your current work in IT Support. Recommend you put your all into your
    current job doing the best you can, learning all you can, and the
    tests will come easier.

    hth
    sj
    www.certquest.net