    study guide, if so what did you think of them and were they any use?

    Personally I don't like to use them for the server exams but (judging by
    a few practice exams) they seem to cover the areas needed for the MCDST
    Howard, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Howard

    Guest Guest

    the Sybex MCDST
    >study guide, if so what did you think of them and were

    they any use?

    >Personally I don't like to use them for the server exams

    but (judging by
    >a few practice exams) they seem to cover the areas needed

    for the MCDST
    >.
    >Well, I have not used the Sybex MCDST book but I have

    heard it is good? However I just took and passed exam 70-
    271 on the 15th with a score of 900/1000, and I used a
    book publish by Charles River Media; which was written by
    Tim Warner. I highly recommend this book, it covers both
    70-271 and the 70-272 in one book and the price on the
    internet for the book right now is like $25.
    Guest, Mar 17, 2005

  3. Howard

    Howard Guest

    Re: Sybex MCDST Study Guide - now using MS books and FREE onlinecourse

    Thanks for the reply. After careful consideration and reading a few poor
    reviews about the sybex study guide I decided to put an order in for the
    MS study guides (I'll always trust the books from the people who write
    the exams)

    Also if it helps anyone I noticed Microsoft are doing a free (180 day)
    online course for the MCDST, along with the offline player that enables
    you to study offline then sync your changes to your online material I've
    found this to be a great help in studying for the two exams, the link
    is below.

    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseContent.aspx?courseId=26272

    Howard, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Howard

    John O Guest

    Re: Sybex MCDST Study Guide - now using MS books and FREE online course

    > (I'll always trust the books from the people who write the exams)

    They used to contract some of that book writing out to other companies. I
    have no idea what they are doing today.

    -John O
    John O, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Howard

    Guest Guest

    I used the sybex book by by Bill Ferguson. After completing
    this book i got MS press self paced training kit.
    Sybex book does not covers much detail compared to
    ms press book.
    Guest, Mar 22, 2005