    Microsoft books. Are the two book enough?
    --
    New MCP
    New MCP, May 29, 2006

  2. New MCP wrote:
    > I'm currently studing for 70-290. How have people found the sybex and
    > Microsoft books. Are the two book enough?

    I have found the Sybex books a bit "lightweight". Both MS Press and
    Sybex together should be sufficient. I am using both books for 290
    and 291 tests
    McKinley Morganfield, May 29, 2006

  3. New MCP

    Gareth C Guest

    Well sybex cut out all the b*** S*** more less get to the point are you
    reading any test kings ? im doing my exam on next friday : (

    Gareth C, May 29, 2006
  4. Stay away from TestKings. Learn the material and only use Microsoft
    approved Practice Test Engines.

    Microsoft specifically approves MeasureUp, and I can say that after using
    MeasureUp on one of my tests that It does help with confidence and knowing
    what the test will look like.

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, May 29, 2006
  5. New MCP

    Chessymonkey Guest

    I just finished 70-290, got my hands on the microsoft press first
    and lucky enough i thought it would be wise to check out the sybex one
    turned out they really put their focus very differently..
    One thing i don't like the Micrsoft press is that it lack depths in some area
    ie: the IIS and the terminal service is close to none
    which turned out i was asked quite often when i actually sit the exam
    Sybex covered the materials that actually shows up in the exam better imo
    just my .2 , luckily i managed to pass eventually but don't
    rely on m$ press alone imo. back to my 291 study
    Chessymonkey, Jun 13, 2006
  6. "Chessymonkey" <> wrote in message
    >I just finished 70-290, got my hands on the microsoft press first
    > and lucky enough i thought it would be wise to check out the sybex one
    > turned out they really put their focus very differently..
    > One thing i don't like the Micrsoft press is that it lack depths in some
    > area
    > ie: the IIS and the terminal service is close to none
    > which turned out i was asked quite often when i actually sit the exam
    > Sybex covered the materials that actually shows up in the exam better imo
    > just my .2 , luckily i managed to pass eventually but don't
    > rely on m$ press alone imo. back to my 291 study

    Hi,

    Im using the transender practise tests. Did you use them? Just wondering how
    similar they are to the actual exam?

    rgds

    gnj
    GoodNightJones, Jun 19, 2006
  7. I didn't get to use Transenders on 290 but i've used them back on A+ and
    network+
    Which i found them very helpful and the answers' explanations were rather
    clear.
    If u've done 270 u pretty much know how they would word the questions.
    The only major difference would be the sim and those 3 that i had was rather
    straight forward, so if u've done yr share of study there should be no
    problem following through the sim.
    Simon@BSC Tech, Jun 19, 2006
  8. "Simon@BSC Tech" <> wrote in message
    >I didn't get to use Transenders on 290 but i've used them back on A+ and
    > network+
    > Which i found them very helpful and the answers' explanations were rather
    > clear.
    > If u've done 270 u pretty much know how they would word the questions.
    > The only major difference would be the sim and those 3 that i had was
    > rather
    > straight forward, so if u've done yr share of study there should be no
    > problem following through the sim.

    Thanks, I did and I passed - woo hoo!
    GoodNightJones, Jun 22, 2006