    Thanks.

    Don Diego
    MCSE, MCP, A+

    Don Diego, Nov 25, 2006

  2. I have that book and have been using it to study up for my MCDST. I've just
    recently received MCP by passing the 70-271. I noticed that there were some
    questions on the test that did not seem to be covered in the Sybex book.
    Rather nitty-gritty stuff, but still not included in the book.

    I'm still reading through it though for the 70-272. I feel it is at least a
    good stepping stone to give you an idea of what to expect on the test. If
    you've already got plenty of experience in the field, the Sybex book would
    probably be all you'd need.

    I'm hoping to try for the 70-272 by January, if that late.

    Frank Shannon, Nov 25, 2006

  3. Don Diego

    Don Diego Guest

    I thought that might be the case. I'll let my experience get me over the
    rough spots :)

    Don

    Don Diego, Nov 26, 2006
  4. Sybex books were all I used for a long time. Many years ago, the
    Microsoft Press books were hideous; riddled with grammatical and
    technical errors. The authors were dull and the material basically
    sucked. Then I started noticing the same with Sybex books. In one Sybex
    book, I reported 22 technical errors to the publisher! Some of these
    errors were very, very basic. One good thing is that Sybex (along with a
    majority of other publishers) have an errata which can be downloaded
    from their website. But who wants to do that?!? And plus those are only
    the error that they have found! So I started shopping around Technical
    and Study material. Ironically, my search brought me back to Microsoft
    Press. They have really changed things up. Knowledgeable authors, well
    explained content, and relatively error free. Please, I said relatively.
    Not every book is perfect. However, I am a Microsoft Press Fanboy again.
    Hope that helps some.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Nov 26, 2006
  5. Don Diego

    DD Guest

    I have to agree with Michael. I read at least most of all 3 Sybex, Exam Cram,
    and MS Press and I think MS Press is the best of the three.

    DD, Nov 27, 2006