Switching tracks on CD's

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Roger, Sep 17, 2006.

  1. Roger

    Roger Guest

    Running Windows XP, SP2 and use Nero to burn CD's

    I have a mulitsession CD, unfortunately Windows only sees the last session
    recorded.

    Nero help says this is normal for Windows and suggests the following steps
    to see all the tracks:
    1.. Put the CD you want to read in your CD/DVD-ROM drive or in your
    recorder.
    2.. Select the corresponding drive in Windows Explorer.
    3.. Choose Properties from the File menu, or right-click on the drive icon
    and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
    4.. A dialog box with several tabs appears. Choose the Volumes tab. You
    will see a list of all the tracks on the CD. As Windows automatically
    accesses the last track on a CD, this track is marked with a tick.
    5.. Select the track you want, and confirm your selection by clicking on
    OK.
    6.. From now on, Windows will display the track you have selected under
    the drive icon of the CD drive or recorder.
    Unfortunately at step 4 there ain't no "Volumes" tab.

    Any one able to help?

    Roger C

    Roger, Sep 17, 2006

  2. Roger

    thanatoid Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in

    > Running Windows XP, SP2 and use Nero to burn CD's
    >
    > I have a mulitsession CD, unfortunately Windows only sees
    > the last session recorded.
    >
    > Nero help says this is normal for Windows and suggests the
    > following steps to see all the tracks:
    > 1.. Put the CD you want to read in your CD/DVD-ROM drive
    > or in your
    > recorder.
    > 2.. Select the corresponding drive in Windows Explorer.
    > 3.. Choose Properties from the File menu, or right-click
    > on the drive icon
    > and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
    > 4.. A dialog box with several tabs appears. Choose the
    > Volumes tab. You
    > will see a list of all the tracks on the CD. As Windows
    > automatically accesses the last track on a CD, this track
    > is marked with a tick.
    > 5.. Select the track you want, and confirm your selection
    > by clicking on
    > OK.
    > 6.. From now on, Windows will display the track you have
    > selected under
    > the drive icon of the CD drive or recorder.
    > Unfortunately at step 4 there ain't no "Volumes" tab.
    >
    > Any one able to help?
    >
    > Roger C

    You can use Nero if you are a masochist (not to mention XP), but
    multisession discs are always problematic. Get a little
    organized and burn disc-at-once from an ISO file.

    thanatoid, Sep 17, 2006

  3. Roger

    Archer Guest

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:43:53 +0100, "Roger" <>
    wrote:

    >Running Windows XP, SP2 and use Nero to burn CD's
    >
    >I have a mulitsession CD, unfortunately Windows only sees the last session
    >recorded

    I run Windows 98 and both Nero and Deepburner.

    I have several multisession CDs, in fact I use them as floppies, some
    of the CDs I have had more than 12 sessions and they are absolutely no
    problem.

    The only precaution I take is to write them all at a lower speed
    instead of the 52x available with the CDROMs

    Maybe it is a problem with XP-SP2

    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroups only

    Archer, Sep 20, 2006
  4. Roger

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:43:53 +0100, "Roger" <> wrote:

    >Running Windows XP, SP2 and use Nero to burn CD's
    >
    >I have a mulitsession CD, unfortunately Windows only sees the last session
    >recorded.
    >
    >Nero help says this is normal for Windows and suggests the following steps
    >to see all the tracks:
    > 1.. Put the CD you want to read in your CD/DVD-ROM drive or in your
    >recorder.
    > 2.. Select the corresponding drive in Windows Explorer.
    > 3.. Choose Properties from the File menu, or right-click on the drive icon
    >and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
    > 4.. A dialog box with several tabs appears. Choose the Volumes tab. You
    >will see a list of all the tracks on the CD. As Windows automatically
    >accesses the last track on a CD, this track is marked with a tick.
    > 5.. Select the track you want, and confirm your selection by clicking on
    >OK.
    > 6.. From now on, Windows will display the track you have selected under
    >the drive icon of the CD drive or recorder.
    >Unfortunately at step 4 there ain't no "Volumes" tab.

    You would be in trouble if there was no volumes tab.

    >Any one able to help?

    What is the problem?

    >Roger C

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Sep 22, 2006
  5. Roger

    Roger Guest

    "Barry OGrady" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:43:53 +0100, "Roger" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Running Windows XP, SP2 and use Nero to burn CD's
    >>
    >>I have a mulitsession CD, unfortunately Windows only sees the last session
    >>recorded.

    <<snip>>

    > 3.. Choose Properties from the File menu, or right-click on the drive
    > icon
    >and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
    >> 4.. A dialog box with several tabs appears. Choose the Volumes tab. You
    >>will see a list of all the tracks on the CD. As Windows automatically
    >>accesses the last track on a CD, this track is marked with a tick.
    >> 5.. Select the track you want, and confirm your selection by clicking on
    >>OK.
    >> 6.. From now on, Windows will display the track you have selected under
    >>the drive icon of the CD drive or recorder.
    >>Unfortunately at step 4 there ain't no "Volumes" tab.

    > You would be in trouble if there was no volumes tab.
    >
    >>Any one able to help?

    > What is the problem?
    >

    > Barry

    problem is I would like to access the first session I recorded; Windows
    doesn't see it in Explorer; and the fix suggested by Nero doesn't work
    becasue there aint no "Volumes" tab in the dialogue box that opens.

    Roger C

    Roger, Sep 22, 2006