    address within the range the router is setup for?

    Thanks.

    Jeff

    Jeff, Dec 31, 2005

  2. You could use static IP addressing making sure each IP is outside the normal
    DHCP assigned range for desktop PCs and allow wireless devices get DHCP
    assigned IP addresses within a narrow scope. Ie. only allow two or three
    DHCP IP addresses on your network. That is configured in your router.

    http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

    Otherwise your router might have an option to assign DHCP addresses by MAC
    Address. My Buffalo WBR-G54 does that so I assign my wireless laptop and my
    iPAQ 5555 PocketPC a DHCP IP based on their particular MAC Address. My
    desktops use static IP addressing.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...